Chapter 13

This chapter was proofread before posting, but please let me know of any mistakes!

11/28/23 edited for minor mistakes

~~~

"So, when we get that party pass, Monty Golf or Fazerblast?" I turn to Gregory and Michael in the elevator.

They both look at each other and shrug. "I don't care." They chorus.

"You guys are no help." I cross my arms.

The thing with Monty Golf is that I don't know if Monty will be there. It's his area. Fazerblast is Freddy's. It just feels safer, and at this point, the only concern here is that Gregory is safe.

"You take this elevator how many times a night? Why is it sooooo long?" Gregory throws his head back, emphasizing his impatience.

"Mhmmm. You're telling me. Sometimes I feel like the tunnels are quicker." We all let the elevator fall quiet, but it isn't long before Gregory breaks it again.

"Hypothetically, how hard would it be to get the upgraded parts from the other animatronics?"

"Hypothetically, you'd have to smash both Chica's and Roxy's faces. You'd have to rip the claws from Monty's arms. So hypothetically, impossible. You wouldn't be able to touch their upgrades before their self-defense protocols kicked in." I squint at Gregory, understanding what he is implying.

"Hypothetically, if I got them, would you install them?" He gives a nervous smile.

"You really think you can beat them, kid? Bonnie destroyed Monty, but Monty basically ripped Bonnie limb from limb. I would gladly install them. That's if you can even get them in the first place." I know it's not something Gregory wants to hear, but I can't lie to him. These animatronics have some serious defense protocols, and if they wanted to, they could easily kill a person. They aren't programmed to, but it isn't impossible.

"Can't you just shut them down and remove them yourself?" Gregory asks as the elevator comes to a halt.

"Not with the animatronics acting the way they are now. I doubt I even have access to the emergency shutdown. Vanessa probably blocked my access to that. The animatronics AI's sometimes aren't the greatest thing. You could probably easily distract them and find a way to decommission them. Even then, though, it's still dangerous."

Freddy stands to the side, clearly not liking the topic at hand. What's he going to do about it, though? If, in the end, those parts become essential to keeping him up and running, he will just have to suck it up.

We step out, and the sounds of sobs echo through the room. Roxy is heard sobbing just beyond the wall for reasons we are unaware of. I instruct Freddy to hide Gregory in his chest cavity while Michael and I hide. It's likely Roxy will be embarrassed and leave the room. This will allow us to exit safely.

Roxy's tears quickly dry up. She's yelling for Freddy to leave the room, as I assume she storms out. I signal to Michael that we can move. When we step out, Freddy looks distraught.

"What's her problem? I didn't know you guys could cry. At least I've never seen you guys cry." Michael peeks out the window's curtains as he watches Roxy walk away, voicing his confusion.

"We can under overwhelming emotions and orders." Freddy replies.

"Let's focus here. We will have to get back to Freddy's room. We have to get Gregory to Chica's room through the vents." I say this as I open Roxy's room door. "We are going to have to make a dash for it. Vanessa is out there."

That's just what we do. I wait for Vanessa to be a little farther from us. I let Freddy run first, followed by me, then Michael. Half way to Freddy's room, I hear what sounds like Michael falling behind me. I jerk my head to see he had just stumbled, but he still had fallen behind. I wait for him, and when he is close enough, I snatch his hand. I pull him behind, not wanting either of us to be caught.