9

Ginny and Hermione interloped their arms with mine on either side of me and walked me down the corridor. And down another, and another, until we reached the courtyard. But we continued walking.

No matter how much pleading and interrogating I did, they both refused to answer me. Or even simply explain. For all I know, they could be leading me to some weird cult ritual as a sacrifice or something.

I looked up at the night sky. It was oddly clear and the stars seemed to shine a bit brighter. I took a deep breath of air and continued walking. It wasn't until the greenhouses when the girls let go of my arms. They told me to go inside. I did, and they followed in after.

The Greenhouse was lit up with soft white fairy lights that were twinkling like stars above me. Vines and flowers were growing over my head and wrapping around the wooden beams. I smiled at it and then looked around, quickly spotting Neville.

"Hi, Neville," I smiled and began walking toward him. Hermione gripped my arm to prevent me from going any further. I was confused until Neville made his way over with a yellow rose and so thing concealed in his right hand.

Neville handed me the rose and I took it, looking skeptically at him. Then, he dropped down onto one knee and stared up at me with his gorgeous green eyes. I could spend forever staring into them, but that is also when it hit me. 

"Ascella Rodolphus Lestrange, you are the most brilliant person I have ever met," He began. "And I think I truly knew that I wanted to marry you in the second year when you gave me a cactus to apologize for what your parents had done. And every day after that, you made me fall more in love with you," He continues. With our eyes not breaking contact, Neville said the words that terrified me, "Ascella, will you marry me?"

I felt my jaw open slightly in shock and I stared at him with wide eyes. When I didn't answer, he got fidgety, and that pulled me back. 

"Yes," I told him with a huge smile. "Yes, I will marry you!"

He slipped the ring onto my finger, but I didn't have a chance to examine the ring because Neville immediately stood up and pulled me into a bear hug, "I'm sorry," He whispered softly into my ear, and planted a small kiss on my neck.

"I forgive you," I tell him honestly.

He lets go of me, and everyone starts cheering. That was when I noticed everyone. Blaise, Luna, Hermione, Ginny, Ron, Harry, and Dean, were all gathered around. All of them were clapping and smiling happily at us and patting us on the back.

I beamed up at Neville and planted a kiss on his cheek. His face went immediately red and he smiled down at me. Everyone cleared out quickly, leaving me and Neville in privacy. I took this as my opportunity to ask him questions.

"Did you really know in the second year?" I asked Neville with a hint of humor in my voice.

He nodded at me, "I did. You gave me that damn cactus, and looked at me with your beautiful brown eyes, and apologized. I knew that you were the one, I even told nan about you," He rubbed the back of his neck and laughed awkwardly.

"I bet your nan was thrilled," I joked with him.

"She warned me but respected my feelings. I imagine she nearly had a heart attack when I sent her a letter after the law was set in place," He laughed fondly.

"I can only imagine how hard it is going to be to get her to like me."

"Not hard, she already likes you. When I pointed you out at Kingscross, she told me that you were 'one of the good ones,' whatever that means," Neville tells me.

I look up at him and find his eyes already on me. I search his face for any hint of dishonesty, but find none, "Oh," Is all I say and we walk together silently back to the castle. We reach our dorm and stay up in the kitchen for a bit.

We don't speak much, and I drink my tea and examine my new ring. It is a silver band with one large diamond in the middle. Despite its lack of design, it is still beautiful. It fit perfectly on my finger and was simply gorgeous.

After we had finished our tea, Neville and I went upstairs to our room. We had both been fairly silent most of the night, but that was just how we liked it. We changed in silence and exchanged kisses silently. When we were both ready for bed, we crawled in and I snuggled into his chest.

I looked up at him and smiled softly, "I think you're cute," I tell him.

He looks down and me and laughs, "I think you're cute too."

With that, we both g silent and eventually fall asleep. When I wake up, it's early, but Neville is already up. That's odd for him, he likes to sleep in. I listen to hear if maybe he is in the bathroom but hear silence. I get up and wander downstairs, only to find the kitchen empty. I decided it was too early to look for him and headed back up to bed.

The next time I woke up, Neville was back. This time he had a bouquet of assorted flowers. HE handed them to me and kissed my forehead. I smiled at him and thanked him. I grabbed my wand off the night table and made the flowers go into a vase with water.

Neville crawled back into bed with me and pulled me into his chest. We stayed like this for most of the morning and then got up around twelve to get ready for lunch. When we came down we found everyone ad left for lunch without us, so we made our own. Peanut butter and honey sandwiches.

As we were washing our dishes, everyone came back from lunch and looked at us. They all said hello and waved before making their way over to the couch. Neville and I sat down with them and that's what all of us did for basically the rest of the day. We all played a few board games together and gossiped about random things.

~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Sorry guys, this chapter is kinda short but I just had to make something short about their engagement because I felt it would be too rushed if I did it at the end of a chapter. So essentially this is just a filler.

I'm not sure what I want to do with the next chapter, but I will think of something. It will be posted tomorrow night (January 27th/2022). 

Again if you have something you want to see happen in the story, or even some criticism to make the story better, let me know.

Have a great day <3