21

January was coming to a quick close and Nev and I had never been better. He was attentive and patient. Nev always listened to me and ensured he had time for me even with the stress of classes and the law clamping down on us. 

Today we had planned a date night in Hogsmeade with Nev and me. I was eager to go as we hadn't had much alone time. Whoever decided dorming arrangements clearly was not wise enough to foresee the inseparable trauma bond we would inevitably create. All of us had become practically inseparable in our own ways and we even started holding a nightly routine of one gameboard before bed. As much as I loved our routine, it was nice to have alone time with Nev so we could bond. Our love was strong, of course, but it only goes so far when you only have enough time to speak alone before bed and early in the mornings before classes.

When my last class of the day was finished I met Nev back at our room and smiled warmly at his presence. He was busy watering a plant beside our bedside table and clearly hadn't heard me enter the room. As he turned around he realized and jumped back spilling water down his uniform. He let out an exasperated "El!" and I could only giggle back. 

"Sorry," I gasped out between laughs as he frowned ruefully at his wet shirt. "I suppose you ought to take that off," I chuckled and walked over to him so I could begin unbuttoning his shirt.

He raised his eyebrow and gave me a cocky smirk to which I rolled my eyes. I pulled the sopping wet shirt off of him and put it in our laundry basket. Albeit, I eyed my future husband down with a lustful stare as I did it. Nev pretended not to enjoy it, however, I know he did.

"If you keep looking at me like that we won't make it to Hogsmeade, love," He smiled cheekily at me. I scowled in return.

"We'd better, we haven't had Nev and El only time in a long time."

Nev nodded solemnly, "After then," He stated with a melodramatic sigh. I rolled my eyes and handed him a dark blue jumper to put on.

He put the jumper on and changed into a pair of denim jeans. I followed suit by changing into a pair of black mom jeans and a pale yellow jumper. We each cast a refreshing charm and headed for the bathroom where Nev fixed his hair and I touched up my unruly curls. When we both agreed we were ready, we put on our coats and scarves. 

Hand in hand we trekked to Hogsmeade in comfortable silence, enjoying the scenery. We eventually reached the little town and stopped at the three broomsticks where we each ordered a warm butterbeer and some shepherd's pie. We sat in a small corner booth and waited on our food. During the wait Neville strikes up a conversation; Children.

"I would like to try," He mumbled out. "C-c-children I mean. I-I would like t-to try, i-i-if it is your will, o-of course," Nev stammered. I giggled slightly at his bright red face and cute stutter before nodding my head in agreement.

"Sure, if you truly want to I have no opposition, Nev," I told him earnestly, gripping both his hands in mine. "If you truly want to try for a child, I will not say no. I want you to be sure though. I mean, of course, we need to have them but we have time."

He shook his head eagerly, "I do, I want a child. I want a child with you, and I know we have time but why wait? It is inevitable, I agree, but I want one. I think you'd make a lovely mother, Nan won't be here forever, and I-I like to think maybe I could be a good dad, you know?" He blurted out with a bright red blush creeping down his neck.

"I know, Nev," I nodded. "You would make a terrific dad and your nan will make the most loving great-nan around. I'm not so sure I'll be a great mother but I know I will try my best. I think we could do it, you know? The two of us, raising a little daughter or son," I smiled fondly at the thought that once seemed so far away. 

I looked up to see Neville grinning ear to ear with a scarlet face, "I love you, El."

"I love you most, Nev," I grinned back with an equally scarlet face.

Our food arrived shortly after and we ate making small talk along the way. Once we had finished our dinner we left a tip and made a pit stop at Honeydukes to buy the gang some candy (mostly Ron and Harry in all truth). We made our way back to the castle and even made it in time for wizards chess. We watched as Ginny destroyed Ron in one particularly intense round before returning back to our room for the evening.

There we decided that tonight we would go to bed without trying, and tomorrow we would begin as we were far too tired from the exertion of our journey along with our full stomachs to fulfill any type of deed. Instead, we lay in each other's embrace and talked. We talked of anything that came to mind, even the most random of things like why the color purple is named purple. Silly things, albeit, however, I enjoyed every moment of it. Eventually, we began dozing off, fully prepared for the new life awaiting us tomorrow.

~~~~~

A/N

Hey guys! Long time no see. I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Sorry for taking well over a year to get it to you, ts not long but I think I know the direction I want to take this story! YAY! See ya soon!