6

"So, girlfriend, huh?" I asked, bumping shoulders with Adam while we sat against the wall.

"You said it back," He defended.

"I wasn't going to expose the lie to Garrett!" I excused myself. Adam rolled his eyes.

"Please, you know you're my girlfriend." I suddenly sat, straddling Adam. His eyes grew in surprise and I leaned in, hopefully in an alluring way. His breathing quickened so I assumed I was doing something right.

"Work for it," I whispered huskily. He shuddered and I bit my lip as I pulled away. He stared.

"W-what?" I tried to commit this moment to memory. It was rare to see Adam so lost for words. He usually dripped with an excess of confidence and charisma.

"You want me to be your girlfriend? Court me. Make me want it," I challenged, standing up and starting to walk away.

"Court you?"

"Like I'm the girl you want to marry," I taught him, blowing him a kiss over my shoulder. When I was almost into my bedroom he was suddenly behind me, pressing me into the wall. I gasped softly. Looks like his confidence was back.

"Oh, baby. When I'm done with you, you'll be begging to be my girlfriend," Adam growled, sexily. I shivered. This was so new for me. I liked it.

"Is that a threat?" I teased, turning my head sideways towards him.

"It's a promise, Love," Adam replied.

"Good morning, Sunshine!" Adam greeted me as my alarm went off. I grumbled, turning it off. I wanted nothing more than to stay in bed. I hadn't been sleeping well since Adam had been ignoring me, and I was getting the best sleep of my life before the alarm went off.

"Morning," I grunted. Adam let out a chuckle, followed by a yawn.

"Do you like collecting cans?" He asked from his spot on the floor while I was still trying to find the willpower to get out from my warm cocoon. I leveled him with my best glare.

"Not at all," I groaned, snuggling into my warm blanket.

"How much do you make from a morning of collecting?" Adam continued his interrogation. I wanted to rip his head off.

"Maybe 15 bucks," I bit out. Another yawn slid out.

"I will give you twenty dollars and buy you breakfast if we can sleep in," Adam solicited. That had me blinking some sleep out of my eyes.

"What? Why?"

"Because I'm exhausted. I didn't sleep well while we were apart. Twenty bucks is totally worth me finally feeling well-rested again. Please?" Adam asked. I knew I couldn't just accept his money like I was a hooker. But then again, he was my soulmate. We were both tired. He was super rich and didn't need the money and I did. And I really did just want to go back to sleep.

"Twenty-five and you have a deal," I mumbled.

"I'll make it an even $30," He promised, repositioning himself on his air mattress.

"Sold, goodnight," I managed to get out. Then I was asleep again, feeling completely at peace. At some point, I heard some rustling and felt myself moving a little bit, but then I was infinitely more comfortable than before so I fell back into an even deeper sleep.

I started to wake up when I felt someone rubbing soothing circles along my back. My front was pressed very comfortably against something very warm. I moaned and snuggled in, my eyes squinting to adjust to the light as I pried them open.