7

"Mm, something smells delicious," I greeted, walking into the kitchen. I had gotten a little lost on my way back after my shower, but I had found it alright.

"Hey, Love. How was your shower?" Adam asked, turning around from where he stood by the stove with a big smile on his face.

"That was the best shower I've had in years," I gushed. "Thank you for letting me shower here. How can I help with breakfast?"

"Oh, I don't think I need any help. Just take a seat and relax, you deserve it," He said sweetly. I blushed but complied.

"Whatcha making?" I asked him as he turned back to the stove.

"I made us some waffles that should be done soon. I also thought some warm apple cider would be nice since it's getting colder out." I moaned gratefully. That sounded delicious. And homemade apple cider was my kryptonite. I loved that stuff.

"How did you know I love apple cider?" I asked him, walking over to take over stirring as he went to get out the waffles.

"I may have asked around," Adam teased. I racked my brain to think of who could have told him.

"Was it Louis?" I gasped, realizing that I had gotten to be pretty good friends with his friend over the last few weeks.

"I can't reveal my sources," He refused, shaking his head and laughing. I laughed back, unable to pretend to be upset. It warmed me up better than apple cider to know that he cared enough to do his research on things that I enjoy.

"Can I help you pull out any plates or anything?" I offered. He simply pointed to the stack of plates waiting by the waffle irons. Yes, plural. It looked like a pretty industrial kitchen.

"Does everyone in your pack live here?" I wondered, noting the two walk-in refrigerators. I shivered, imagining how much colder it would be in there.

"Yes. We used to live in the town, but about five years ago everyone relocated to the packhouse. It's easier to protect everyone if we are all in one place," He explained. I wanted to ask more questions, but his tone suggested that might not be my brightest idea. What had changed that made it necessary for them to all move into the same house?

"Nice! How many of you are there?" I asked instead, figuring that would be safe.

"There's close to two hundred of us," Adam stated. I choked on my spit in shock.

"TWO HUNDRED?" I cried. Adam carried the plates over to where I was sitting at the counter.

"Yes, Ma'am," He replied, patting my back as he sat down beside me. I got myself under control as I looked at him.

"And you're in charge of all of them?" I followed up. He nodded again.

"Yes, Ma'am."

"Okay, okay. Cool cool cool cool, I can totally process that. Just give me three to five business days, okay?" I plead. Adam just chuckled.

We ate peacefully, the conversation slowed. When we were done we washed the dishes together. It was a very domestic scene, and I found myself longing for more moments and days like this. To just be with Adam. I really liked being around him. He made me feel important and everything about him was a fascinating mystery.

"What are you doing for the rest of the day?" Adam asked while I dried the last glass. I thought for a moment before answering.

"I have the closing shift at the library tonight, so I was planning on doing that. And then I have to go to the store and grab some food for this week," I listed. Adam grunted in acknowledgment as his arms came around me from behind. I closed my eyes and relaxed back against his chest as he began swaying us.