Prologue. Bruno's Vision

Third Person POV

"Tio Bruno, can you help me predict the future?" asked the curly dark brunette boy with golden-brown skin; his brilliant green-hazel eyes blinked twice at his seer uncle. He is Camilo from the magical Madrigal family and just happened to get his magical gift of being a shape-shifter earlier that night.

The older man, Bruno, hesitated; he did predict things right, but they were mostly about terrible visions. Bruno was concerned about his powers that everyone thought he was a bad sheep of the Madrigal family; however, his extroverted nephew was still keen on the ability to take a glimpse of the future. The little boy thought otherwise and didn't understand why the villagers were mean to his uncle.

"But I helped your sister last time, and it was no good." sighed Bruno heavily. "I don't want to ruin Pepa's mood; she's having a pleasant night for the gift you just received." Oh, Bruno knew too well.

This was true. When Bruno gave Dolores her vision because she also begged for it last time, the result was hardly different than the rest. Dolores even ran away crying to her mother. ''Mami, Tio Bruno said my Enamorado won't marry me but someone else!'' Making Pepa's power go wild and beginning to blow a hurricane in Casita; needless to say, Alma was beyond furious that Bruno gave the vision to his Sobrina, especially the bad one. He knew too well that if he had manifested another prophecy of mischance, Pepa would blow the house before tomorrow morning.

The current youngest Madrigal boy pouted, not leaving his Tio alone until he got what he wanted. "Please, please, please! I wanna know something about it! Maybe I can shapeshift into an animal someday! Or a monster! Ahrr-"

Bruno sighed again, yet he couldn't resist his adorable Sobrino's request. He had no child, not married, so spoiling his sisters' children was one of his recreations. ''Alright...but don't cry to your Mama if something bad happens, okay? It'll get me into trouble.''

Camilo nodded, beaming at his uncle's words that promised to give him a vision of his future.

Later that night, when Dolores and the others were asleep, Camilo followed quietly behind his Tio to the tower. The five-year-old boy was beyond excited since he got his gift tonight and could know something about his future; it's like two birds with one stone.

''Okay, now stay here, and I'll pour some sand to form a circle.'' instructed the adult.

Camilo grinned and obeyed. "This is first,'' thought Bruno. Camilo was never a kid who would listen to instructions easily; he wanted to know his prognostication.

Bruno poured the sand that could surround him and Camilo, ready to perform his given magic of a soothsayer. ''Okay, now take my hands.''

The little boy placed both hands on his Tio's; then Bruno's eyes glowed in jade-green, and the vision had initiated!

''Wow!'' exclaimed Camilo, ''Tio, what is that?''

The sand started to circle them, swirling in the air to create pictures that could move.

They saw a teenage figure of Camilo shifting to countless villages in Encanto, including all of the Madrigal family.

''See something interesting?'' asked Bruno, keeping his eyes tensely on the nonstop Shape-shifter. ''I do believe your magic can't settle down, 'Milo. But I suppose your power helps you to understand who you want to be by changing to numerous people as experiences, but I don't see you turning to animals.''

''Tio Bruno, there!'' shouted Camilo, pointing his little index finger to another part of the vision.

There, a girl with a (your hair length), smiling merrily beside the teenage figure Camilo. She didn't seem like a native in town or a Colombian. However, the heartwarming vision didn't last for long. They soon saw the girl leave Camilo's side, turning her heels and heading out of Casita, slowly and gradually fading out from the vision.

The girl abandoned Sobrino to his sorrow; this couldn't be good. Bruno fluttered, hitching, and secretly decided to end the rite.

''Who is that Tio Bruno?'' asked the little boy, ''Why does she leave and make me sad?'' Bruno said nothing but quit the ritual and got a green jade glass image of his nephew and the girl.

''Milo...I think you better not understand this, okay? Let's get you to bed and not a word to anyone, yeah? This fortune-telling stays between you and me,'' whispered Bruno.

''But I wanna know!'' whined Camilo. ''Who is she? She doesn't even look like any of our villagers.''

Bruno shut his eyes tight, muttering to himself. ''Good, now both Dolores and Camilo don't get their spouse. Pepa and Mama are going to kill me.''

''What's a 'spouse'?'' Camilo knitted his brows because he couldn't understand the word.

Bruno had trouble answering since he wasn't entirely optimistic about the events they saw in the vision. ''Well, I'm not so sure. But, in my opinion, if the girl in the image stays by your side, Camilo can be your true self.''

''What's that supposed to mean?''

''Do you remember I told you in the vision that you seem to can't decide what to do or who to be when you grow up, so you change into many people as experiences?'' replied Bruno patiently. ''Once you meet the girl, I think you'll know the answer.''

''But who's the girl? And why she leaves?'' Camilo was a kid who wouldn't give up without satisfaction.

''I don't know, 'Milo,'' said Bruno with a sad smile. ''Someday, when you meet this girl, just treat her like a princess; in that way, she won't have to leave you, promise?''

Camilo blinked his eyes twice, not entirely getting the point but nodding to Tio's words, and exited the door to the bed.

''¡Dios mío!'' said Bruno under his breath. ''If Pepa and Madre know about the prophecy, I'm doomed.''

The truth was the images in the prediction hadn't been decided, as they came up with two answers. If the girl left like that in the vision, Camilo would live with a broken heart; but if she chooses to stay with his Sobrino, Camilo would be contented. That's a queer vision to Bruno, might he add.

And the most crucial question was: Who's the girl in the vision?