CH. 2 Welcome to Family Madrigal

Third Person POV

''This is it. Welcome to Casita.'' announced Mirabel cheerfully.

After minutes of walking, (Y/N) arrived at the residence where Mirabel and her parents lived. A big house stood on the higher landscape of the town, growing flowery plants everywhere in well-designed. Staring at the gigantic, colorful, and charming house, (Y/N) couldn't help but stop at the entrance door dumbfounded without blinking her eyes.

Slowly making her way closer, the front door swung instantly, making (Y/N) jump at the sudden movement. She was completely shaken up afterward by the tiles on the roof moving like waves, and the windows opened and closed like a welcoming rhythm of their own. Though the movements scared (Y/N), the Madrigals didn't startle as she did. Which she thought was weird.

''It-it move.'' squeaked (Y/N), eyeing worryingly between the house and Mirabel.

''Yeah, about that...our house is...different than the regulars,'' answered Mirabel, phoning to (Y/N)'s confusion. ''Come on, let's get inside; it's forty minutes to dinner.''

Mirabel and her mother went in first; her father walked beside (Y/N), patting her shoulder as he said, ''You're doing a lot braver than I did. Nearly wet me when I first came here. Come on in, kid.''

(Y/N) gradually dragged her feet to the big house. Once she got through the door, a lit candle placed by the third-floor window pane immediately caught her eyes. She thought it was mysterious and peaceful at the same time.

Since (Y/N) didn't move any further from staring at the candle, the floor tiles stirred and brought her to the kitchen where Julieta and Mirabel stood, alongside a woman in grey hair and a taller girl who used a big red bow to tie her hair up in a bun.

''You must be (Y/N),'' stated the old woman, providing her a friendly smile. ''I'm Mirabel's grandma, Alma Madrigal. Just call me Abuela. Dolores here has told me everything; poor girl, you've starved and suffered for days. We're so sorry for your loss. But not to worry, our family is all willing to help you. However, before any further discussions, I'm sure you would like to clean up yourself; take a nice bath, and put some new clothes on.''

Surprised by the abrupt kind offer, (Y/N) stammered. ''T-thank you, A-abuela.'' But the thoughts of how on earth the tall girl knew about her did not cease; Mirabel and her parents couldn't pass the information that quick since they'd just got home.

''Mirabel, take (Y/N) to our shower room,'' instructed Abuela. ''Here, Dolores has found some of her old clothes. You can wear them, and when you've finished showering, Mirabel will lead you back to the kitchen. I'll introduce you to all the Madrigal family formally, as well as eat dinner.''

Mirabel led (Y/N) to their shower room and taught her to use the equipment. ''Alright, I'll be waiting outside, minding my own business. And we'll go to dinner once you're ready.''

''Thank you, Mirabel,'' said (Y/N). ''You're very nice. I appreciate it.''

The girl in green glasses opened her mouth and closed it again, blushing. Never had anyone ever thanked her with such genuine gratitude. ''You're welcome.''

-

''Everyone, fix your attire, and lay the table neatly in ten minutes; we have a guest this evening.'' declared Abuela, walking away to her bedroom to get ready.

''Dolores, you must have heard; who's our guest?'' asked Isabela.

''The 'girl' I kept hearing since yesterday afternoon. She's not any of our villagers either.''

''What's her name?'' queried Antonio. ''Why's she coming to our house?''

''(Y/N). She got memory loss based on her, so Abuela wants to help.''