Bonus Part: Causality

Time: After Camila's dirty secret revealed

All eyes are on the daughter of Ramírez in dead silence. The girl's parents glanced uncomfortably between their daughter and the Madrigals; there was an awkward moment of long pause after Camilo excused himself from the dining room.

Abuela's eyes widened, and she inhaled several deep breaths; no one dared to utter a word before the senior Madrigal started.

''Dolores, can I trust you with your words?'' asked Alma, facing her granddaughter instead of Camilo's soon-to-be esposa and her parents.

Dolores gave a big nod while Mariano hugged her shoulder, nodding at Abuela.

''(Y/N)'s been home almost a week. She told us,'' Dolores gestured to Isabela as confirmation, ''what happened in the mountains.''

''Why don't you say this earlier?'' questioned Abuela, again, not sparing the Ramírezs a glance.

''She told us to keep the secret, said it'll only get her into trouble,'' answered Isabela with sad eyes; she looked beautiful even if bothered.

''Did you know?'' Abuela eyed her three children and two sons-in-law.

''We don't know that much, Mama,'' replied Pepa, and clouds formed above her head for Dolores and Isabela's explanation; she felt distressed about your situation by making a painful decision. ''We only know (Y/N)'s in the room and visit her sometimes. But she won't tell us anything about Camila's threat nor what happened in the mountains.'' Bruno and Julieta nodded their head in approval of Pepa's comment.

Abuela finally turned to face the Ramírezs, knitted brows with a slightly upset expression could be seen. ''Do you know this all along? You're her parents; how could you let this unfortunate thing happen in our Encanto? Do you know how much I owe (Y/N)? To Camilo? After I've been blind and allowed this marriage to go on?''

''No, Madam. We're just being shocked as much as you are,'' answered Camila's father at once, ''We have no idea that our daughter had done such shameful business in our village.''

However, Camila's mother stopped her husband. ''We're truly sorry, Madam. I found a crumpled paper in our dustbin after mi Hija left the house, but I didn't know she had planned to get rid of (Y/N) for her own sake.''

''How could you, Camila?'' demanded Abuela, ''Why did you do such a selfish act? You faked the death of (Y/N) and lied about her last words.''

Camila slightly lowered her head, a mean look spread over her pretty face, smirking in glee. She then clenched her jaw, sending a nasty glance to Dolores, Alma, and her parents. ''You don't know what it's like to ignore for years. I've been accompanied by his side all this time, yet he still has not noticed me. I could have more chances and time to win his heart if she did not butt in.''

All the remaining Madrigals were shocked by Camila's words. Especially Tia Pepa and Tio Bruno were taken aback when Dolores blurted out everything. So why shouldn't they anger more towards the girl with two pigtails?

''You're mad, Camila,'' cried Señora Dulce, ''How could you do such things?''

''Mamá, I'm not mad. I'm just a girl who wants my crush to be mine. Is that so wrong?''

''Camila, your hatred towards (Y/N) is because you are so in love. I can understand that...'' stated Abuela, but she spoke sternly with her eyes fixed on the girl. ''However, I cannot tolerate such a selfish mind; I will seek (Y/N)'s advice to punish you when she is better. Now our wedding with Ramírezs cancelled; Casita, please send off the guests.''

''No, you can't do that! I am Camilo's fiancee; no one can tear us apart!'' argued Camila, defending herself; she refused to get up her seat, even if her parents wanted to leave so bad for their daughter had caused disrepute in town. All villagers ought to have been aware of this scandal in the morning.