CH. 5 Ruana

Second Person POV

Nightfall. You were beginning to feel at home in Casita, in Encanto.

It was an incredible day to walk around the village, especially learning new things and meeting new people.

Then, you were left alone, locked away in the room for an hour because Mirabel was keeping secrets from you. You didn't know what happened or why being caged in the nursery room with no one came to visit. Not even Antonio or Camilo visited you, which was strange.

Casita kept you company, though. It sometimes tapped the same rhythms as you did and tried to make itself into many automatic instruments, so you were never really that fed up from being 'imprisoned.'

Almost seven. To acknowledge, Casita brought the alarm clock for you to check the time once fifteen minutes. And you began to wonder whether the Madrigals were actually a group of cannibals, eating travelers walked past by mistake.

Creak. The green wooden door swung open, revealing the curly hair girl with green glasses. Mirabel smiled when she looked at you, playing along the self-created melodies with Casita. ''It seems like you're still having fun even if you're locked up in this room.''

''I was beginning to think that you guys are planning some sort of evil ritual to eat me alive.'' You joked, walking to the door.

''Sorry for the wait; people are all downstairs. It's time for our protagonist to show up,'' said Mirabel.

Heading out of the room, the big banner tied on Abuela's side railings immediately caught your eyes. The words 'Welcome to Encanto, (Y/N)!' was written in colors of paints.

You wowed, not fully convinced that you were being thrown a party.

''Don't forget to walk.'' You heard. Camilo was coming your way, taking out his hand as a gentlemanly gesture for you to hold. ''Antonio suggested we can throw a party for you, now that I have come to fetch my damsel in distressed.''

You started to think this was his way of calling you in a more friendlier name. Maybe you were a damsel in distress in his point of view, after all, so you let him be; this was a unique name anyway.

Playfully rolling your eyes, you decided to play along with the boy in the yellow mantle. Every member of Madrigals and people in town were downstairs: eating, talking, and enjoying themselves at the party; more specifically, this was your welcoming party.

Abuela broke her deep conversation with an old woman when her eyes met yours, giving you a brief nod as a signal to come to her. Camilo saw this and gave you a reassuring smile, slowly letting go of your hand.

''(Y/N), sorry for waiting. Antonio told us not to tell you a single word until you come,'' explained Abuela. ''Now, stand here, and I'll introduce you to all our villagers.''

Casting your eyes over the crowds, you found the masculine man talking to Isabela by the flowery corner; beside him stood the old woman Abuela had just spoken to.

''Mariano's mother.'' you thought, then continued to look around.

Camila was chattering something to Camilo by the food tables, but the boy didn't seem to pay any attention to the girl next to him. You were stunned by the way you had unintentionally snickered at the sight of them. Exactly why you did that was a mystery.

Abuela returned within a minute with Casita to help her carry a microphone behind, followed by the silence of the crowds.

''Good evening, people in Encanto. Today, we're holding the party for a certain reason. You see... Encanto has never got a visitor since the day our town was presented, but as you can see, here, standing a girl who came to our village from the mountains outside. She suffered much misery and pain to reach here, which is a total miracle to us, so the Madrigals have decided to accept the girl to our family, living in Encanto,'' said Abuela. ''Everyone, let me introduce our new member to you, (Y/N) Madrigal!''