seventeen

~ N O W ~

Sarah smacks her head against her palms and stays there for a long moment, a groan escaping her throat which lasts for approximately ten seconds.

I bit my lip to stop a smile and poke her on the shoulder but she cuts me off before I could say a thing.

"You guys... I'm so done with the two of you," she mutters lifting her head up to give me a look, "why can't my love life be that cute? Teach me your ways, Mia."

I laugh and shake my head at her, "He's the cute one, not me," I grin, "and if it's any consolation, not everything was all fine and dandy, even after he asked me out."

Sarah's expression drops slightly, "uh-oh, what happened?"

I bit my lip and look away, fingers playing with the hem of my shirt, "I didn't see or hear from him after that-"

"What?" she cuts me off, brow furrowing in confusion. "For how long?"

"Three weeks," I reply with a sigh, remembering how much pain and confusion I went through during that time.

Sarah's eyebrows raise, "three weeks?" she repeated, "and no message or call or note or-"

"Nope, nothing."

Sarah sighs and rubs her forehead, now looking out at the lake was sat by, "And yet you still didn't tell me anything about him? God, Mia, you are one tough bloody cookie, you know that? Had it been me I would have caved and came to you crying or raging."

I laugh and ran my fingers through my hair, "Oh trust me, you have no idea how close I was to calling you or coming over doing just that. It was absolute hell for me considering he was the first guy I ever said yes to."

"Why didn't you, though?"

"What?"

"Why didn't you tell me about him? Like at all?" she asks turning her to meet my gaze, brow furrowed slightly and her eyes questioning.

I bit the inside of my cheek and look at the lake, watching a swan dip it's head into the water before coming back up for air. "I don't know," I muttered, "Honestly, I think it was because I was embarrassed. I mean, when I first met him he was kind of just some guy I decided to mess with because you pushed me onto him and I thought it might be fun and then... then we became Bedmates and I thought you'd judge me or something - which, now that I think about it, was absolutely stupid of me-"

"Damn right it was," she retorts raising an eyebrow which made breathe out a laugh and bump my shoulder into hers.

"So, yeah, I don't know. It all just kind of happened so fast, and whenever something big happened when the boys were involved, I didn't think you needed to know since Tom always took care of it."

Sarah wrinkles her nose, "Right," she mutters, "Tom - of course."

I raise an eyebrow at her, "I thought you guys finally became friends?"

"No, we finally decided to become nice to each other for your sake."

This time both my eyebrows raise up, "Even after you guys have shagged like six times?" I teased causing her cheeks to suddenly flame up as she smacks me on the arm lightly.

"Oh shut up," she whines, closing her eyes and resting her head against my shoulder as she pouts, "Can we just go back to your story already?"

I laugh and roll my eyes, "Fine. But as soon as I'm done you're  telling me yours - agreed?"

She lifts her head off my shoulder and pouts even more.

"Agreed?" I push, raising an eyebrow again. "Or else I won't tell you what happened."

She groans dramatically for the second time in the past five minutes, "Fine, agreed," she mumbles at last.

{ a / n - *PLEASE READ* to all my readers and followers and voters, should I do a 'spin off' to Bedmate and write about Sarah and Tom's story? I kind of want to, but at the same time I really don't because it won't be an original idea (like Mia and Storms'), but rather the typical 'player meets girl and tries to get with her' kind of thing, with other issues and fights and problems of their own obviously? I don't know.

Maybe I should just open a small competition? (I forget what they're called) And let you guys do it instead? But would anyone actually write about them?

*SIGH* decisions, decisions }