fourteen

~ T H E N ~

God he was so clueless sometimes, I couldn't help but laugh to myself as I watched some girl press up against Storm, flirting and trying to get his attention even though his eyes and mind weren't on her.

"Maybe you should go save him," Tom asked from his spot beside me, the boys and I all watching Storm's predicament with total amusement considering he still smiled and nodded his head to be polite, despite how much he so obviously didn't want to be there.

"Probably," I grinned before turning away. "But I won't."

Jacks laughed and shook his head at me, "aren't you jealous, though?"

"No," I scoffed shifting slightly to lean my shoulder against the wall we were crowded against, "why would I be jealous?"

Oli raised an eyebrow, eyes flickering over to where we had been watching for the past ten minutes. "Ghee, I don't know, Mia..." he trailed off meeting my gaze again with a smirk, "maybe because her hands are getting a little bit touchy-feely?"

Confused I turned around again only to find that he was indeed right, what with the girls' hands quite literally groping for him - one behind his neck and the other sliding down his abdomen. I almost choked on air, though not at jealousy, but rather because of how uncomfortable Storm really looked; the fact that the girl had instead resorted to pulling him roughly toward her rather than her failed flirting, causing his discomfort to visually show now.

"Dear God..." I muttered rolling my eyes at Storm's weak attempts of trying to pry her hands off - of course with pure politeness.

The boys roared with laughter, obviously not planning on rescuing him either.

I sighed and handed Tom my drink before stalking off towards one of the most clueless, polite, and hottest guy I knew; the kid who couldn't be mean to a girl even if he tried.

Before I reached them, I inhaled a huge breath before all but jumping onto Storm, practically knocking the girl away as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Oh, Storm! There you are I've been looking everywhere for you, babe!" I exclaimed over the thumping music before planting a kiss on his lips, long enough so the girl got the idea but short enough so we wouldn't get carried away - the boys undoubtedly watching.

When I pulled away I glanced over to the girl whose cheeks were now tinted red with anger and embarrassment.

"Who are you?" She snapped, glaring harshly at my hand which was now intertwined with Storm's big warm ones.

I plastered on a surprised look, "oh, sorry, hun!" I faked politeness, "I'm his girlfriend, and you are?"

Glowering, she went to take a step toward me but before she got too close someone suddenly wrapped their arm around my waist and pulled me toward them. "No one, babe; let's go," Storm said, loud enough for the girl to hear before turning and walking off, dragging a giggling me along with him.

So maybe I was a little bit drunk, I thought stupidly as I wriggled out of Storm's secure hold and instead led him toward the boys.

When we got there I was suddenly attacked - not literally of course - by testosterone filled, alcoholic, stupid guys who, out of nowhere, grabbed me around the waist and lifted me up so my top half was high above everyone else.

"Yeah, Miaaaaaa!" They cheered as they set me down, only to have me suddenly dragged backwards into someone's arms in a half-hearted headlock against their body, my chin on top of their shoulder as he knuckled my head in the stupid way that guys did to each other.