thirteen

~ N O W ~

Clamping my hands over my ears as a loud noise attacks them, I soon realise that I should instead be clamping my hands over Sarah's mouth - the perpetrator who suddenly (out of nowhere) started to squeal.

"Sarah!" I squeak, embarrassed but also highly amused as I watch her jump up and down on her seat, her hands pulling my own away from her mouth before she squeezes them tightly out of girly excitement.

"Oh my Buddha! That is soeffing adorable!" She squeals, a wide grin stretching over her face it almost resembled the Cheshire cat from Alice in Wonderland.

By this point I could no longer hide my amusement considering how much of a child she reminded me of, bouncing in her seat like that with wide eyes and an even wider grin as she clamps tightly onto my poor hands.

"Seriously, Mia, that shit is like something straight out of a movie or a book or whatever - albeit a little strange, but also equally as cute and cheesy!"

I laugh a little and lower my head, trying to hide the deep blush she'd caused, "I suppose so," I agree glancing up to meet her all-knowing and amused gaze. "I mean, it was pretty sweet."

And so were the things that followed, I thought smugly.

"Pretty sweet?" Sarah echoes in bewilderment, "Mia, honestly, you have struck gold! How many guys do you know and/or hear about that would say 'I want to make sweet love to you'?" She exclaims causing my cheeks to heat up immeasurably and for my hands to slap over my face in embarrassment, trying to shield myself from the prying and disapproving eyes that suddenly shot toward us - once again.

"Did you really have to shout that?" I hiss once my cheeks had cooled down enough so I no longer resembled a tomato.

She shot me an innocent grin despite the cheekiness that shone in her big brown eyes, "of course it was; I was proving a point."

I roll my eyes but chuckle slightly nonetheless, wondering how I had possibly ended up with the world's most embarrassing, shameless but funniest best friend.

"And the King has finally brought his Queen her coffee!" A voice suddenly exclaims right before a takeaway coffee cup lands in front of me and another lands in front of Sarah who had yet to stop grinning like a homicidal psychopath.

"See, it would've worked if only mine weren't hot chocolate," I smirk up at Storm who slid into the booth, an arm hung casually behind me.

"Who said I was talking about you?" He raises an eyebrow, taking a sip of his coffee just as Sarah took a sip of her own.

My eyebrows shoot up as I fake hurt and shift away from him and his warmth, touching m heart dramatically whilst I was at it. "Fine, I see how it is you bum."

"I'm not a bum," Storm fake pouts shifting towards me as if trying to make it up to me.

"He's bae - he got us our drinks after waiting in line for almost an hour." Sarah nods, watching over our fake fight with complete amusement. 

"Yeah, you heard her - I'm bae," he grins knowing how much that word annoyed me which only made me roll my eyes, mid-sip of my hot chocolate.

"No, you're an annoying little sh-"

"Language, Mia; wouldn't want the children and elderly to hear you, now would you?" Sarah asks, enjoying this way too much as I shot her a glare before smacking Storm on the thigh lightly for laughing at me.

"You guys are so mean to me," I pout, looking first at a smiling Sarah before turning to finally look at a smirking Storm whose eyes shone gold with amusement.