Chapitre 10 Relative Respite

Tat

I stepped forward, putting my translucent body between my sister and the woman of my nightmares.

The woman could not see me, she just turned away and went back out.

I stared at her back then moved my eyes to Nya, Lou's friend.

Nya looked at the woman and Tat back and forth. She made a surprised face.

"I can see there is tension here, but how about we put that in a bottle and forget it for now? Cuz we kinda have to talk." She told.

I looked back at Jacky; she looked nervous but also eager. There was a spark of curiousness in her eyes.

'Fine.' I simply said.

The sisters left the room and were met by multiple unknown faces. I spot the other woman leaning on a wall in the back.

I stepped close to Jacky in reflex.

Not that I could do anything. But still.

I felt more... present. Grounded. Contrary from before, her mind was clear and focused. But My emotions were still... damp. 

She was a ghost. A spirit?

I looked at each of the strangers.

One was wearing a helmet; another one was looking... weirdly normal and the last one was familiar.

Wait...

That was the man from the park!

'I think I know this guy.' I pointed at the tired looking man.

Jacky looked at me.

"Wait really?! That's the dude I've been stalking!" She says, without thinking.

We both freeze.

'what' Me.

"what" Jacky.

"Lol yea." Nya.

We all say at the same time.

A snicker comes out of the helmet man.

There is a moment of silence. The man I met sits down on a metal box near the wall and sights.

The normal looking guy speaks up.

"I can guess something happened, or was said, but I'm going to go on a hunch and say that everyone here met each other?"

"I mean I don't know you two." Jacky said, pointing at the men.

Normal man smiles.

"Well, we know you, Jacky. Or at least are aware of you. You can call me Echo and this is Mr.E. We're friends with your dad." He gestures between himself and helmet dude. His eye widens and his face becomes red. "I-I-I mean, not your dad. I mean Ice, wait you don't know him like that, I mean Zane. You know?"

Tat stiffens.

Zane. Why did that dude think he was their dad? 

He was nothing to them. Not anymore. 

I don't say anything. I look at Jacky.

Her sister looks amused.

"Alright, enough with the awkward, please. It's killing me." Nya complained.

She moved forward and gestured with her hands.

"Usually, I'm all for some family drama but right now I'd rather figure out about the portal thing."