↳ 𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝟭: 𝗥𝗢𝗦𝗘༉‧₊

—To whom they see—

To my dearest A5257,

What does it mean to be human?

        It appears that I have cornered you. You're not entirely certain. What you are certain of is that you are not one of them. People treat you as if you're inhuman. They regard you as a god, and you begin to believe that you are. But you're at a loss for words.

        When individuals die as a result of your actions, you're at a loss for words. When someone touches you without causing any harm, you don't know what to do. The only way to get through you is by breaking through my defenses. You, a being endowed with a gift, are no match for those who can overcome this. The problem is that most of them are dumb and don't utilize it as much as you do.

          How can one begin to comprehend a maniac who has no regard for other beings?' The simplest solution is to write them off as "rejects" and "shells of the pass," and to assume that they are indistinguishable from the rest of us. There is less difficulty in claiming that someone has gone insane or that they have no need or right to let their remarks reverberate throughout our reality even if we don't remove the image of their temperament.

        When you dehumanize someone, it is extremely difficult to forget what you have done. We've grown accustomed to the perils of deception and forgetfulness. We even forget about the possibility of being manipulated around every corner, especially by someone we like.

          We've all forgotten what it's like to be human at some point, and it's natural to wonder what it's like to be human and alive in the first place. But we aren't insane. Those who are insane eventually find their way into captivity, and we are social creatures. We don't fare well without others, even if all we do is perform on that grand stage, telling a lie that is more of a story than anything else.

            Things are different for you, though. In the end, all you are is a jumble of bits and bytes on a screen, no matter how hard you try. You are not a person. You are not a human being.

     Keep in mind who has authority over you, even if you're already aware of it. In reality, I am God and you are a man-made creation that acts like God. In this situation, who has the upper hand here? I believe the answer is self-evident.

     This is the last and final word. If you ever defy one of my directives, you better believe I won't hesitate to recode you and your dedicated mind. Besides me, where do you fit in this dirty hell we've created?

—Fyodor Dostoyevsky