Chapter 9

Jade POV:

Denise: "are you crazy!"

Denise whispers to me after she pulls me into her bedroom.

Jade: "no?"

I smile

Denise: "ugh

Jade: "Denise what... are you mad?"

Denise: "I'm not mad"

Denise rolls her eyes as she walks over and sits on the edge of her bed. I go over and sit next to her.

Jade: "do you not want to be with me?"

Denise: "I- I do"

Layla walks in the room with Mitch on her hip. Me and Denise look up at her and I was a little shocked that mitch let her hold her.

Mitch: "ma the mean lady is a nice lady now"

Ms Layla: "so I'm the mean lady?"

Me and Denise looks at each other then back at Layla.

Denise: "mitch can you go give Stacie some company"

Mitch: "yah!"

Mitch jumps down from Laylas arms and runs out the room. Layla stares at us and we were all sitting there in silence till Denise speaks.

Denise: "Layla-"

Ms Layla: "I don't like the fact that you're gay Denise... but how you look happy around this young woman"

I couldn't help but smile but Layla eyes lands lands me

Ms Layla: "Jade... I'm not a mean lady...."

Jade: "I know"

I reach over and grab Denise's hand and she looks at me with tears in her eyes.

Ms Layla: "I love you denise and I'm sorry I haven't been the best mother and I'm getting counseling... please forgive me for all I've done"

Denise stares at her mother for a while before she gets up from the bed and hugs her mother tightly. I stared s the both of them with tears in my eyes as well.

Ms Layla: "Jade... you're family now, come here"

Denise opens her arm and I walk over and her and Denise pulls me into a group hug.

THE END .

.
.
.

might make a second book but I just wanted to make a short cute story🥲