Realization

"Oh, you're on the way here? That's good. Let us know when you arrive." Paula was talking to Bella over the phone. Bella was both their friend who's still single. She's a corporate worker and lives a little farther from where their condo is located.

"Bella's coming?" Ethan asked.

"Yeah, I thought you two talked?"

"Not much these days." Ethan sighed.

Ethan used to be very close with Bella even before his wife's death. But he acted slightly strange these days. As if he doesn't want Bella around anymore. What could be the reason? It's been 6 months since the accident but seems like Ethan wanted some distance between him and Bella.

Door bell rang. Paula went to open it for Bella.

"Hey how are you? It's been quite a while." She told Bella.

"Yeah, true. I've been busy these days. Hey Ethan how is it going?" Bella asked.

"Still struggling a bit." Ethan shrugged his shoulders. "Why don't we have dinner now. You arrived just in time Bella."

"Yeah, I've brought our favorite krapao kai too and some desserts. Come on let me help you up." Bella helped Ethan walk to the dining table while Paula called out the kids and Stephanie.

The dinner was finished but most of them were quiet. There was not much talking done. Bella assistes Ethan back to his room.

"You were so quiet Ethan. Is there something that's bothering you?

"I'm just a little tired."

"No, tell me. I know you."

Ethan couldn't tell Bella that it was her that's making him uneasy. He didn't want to see her or associate with her in any way anymore. How could he let her know about this without offending her?

"I know there is something, so tell me." Bella insisted.

"You really want to know?" Ethan unexpectedly raised his voice. Bella was a bit startled.

"You really want to know why I'm not in the mood today? It's because of you. Why the hell did you show your face here?" Ethan was mad now.

"I'm so sorry Ethan, I just want to make up."

"I already told you that there's nothing you needed to make up. I told you to leave. Leave me alone."

"That day of the accident, I didn't mean harm to any of you. I'm so sorry. I was just sad that you didn't come to my party that's why I was calling you."

"I told you I was driving but you insisted. You're too selfish you can't see and understand other people's situation."

Ethan, Bella and Paula were three close friends but Bella liked Ethan and she acted as if she owns him. Even though Ethan was already married, Bella was so demanding of him and possessive. Ethan was very kind to Bella because he pitied her. She lost her parents and her boyfriend dumped her. She's no one left in her life so Ethan and Paula were the ones who embraced her and kept her company.

"I'm sorry Ethan. Will you forgive me?"

"I've forgiven you a long time ago. So please can you just leave me alone? Paula didn't know anything about the accident but Steph and Karen were with us so you can't blame me if they're treating you like this, especially my daughter. So please just leave. Don't ever show up in here ever again. Even if it was for Paula. Meet with her somewhere else. Not here. Do you get it? Leave." Ethan was shouting and Paula heared him. So she rushed towards his room only to see Bella went out of the house. She then went to check Ethan.

"Are you okay?" She saw Ethan's face was still red. She came to him and looked at him closely. She wanted to ask what was it about but she thought it was their personal issue so she put it aside too.

Ethan looked at her and hugged her tight as though he wanted to release his anger but he just hugged her instead without saying a word. Paula stayed still letting him hug her and giving him time to calm down.

Ethan was feeling better now as he's holding Paula in his arms. He wanted to talk it out to her but he didn't want to bother her more. She's already done a lot to him so how could he add more burden. He just let everything go and calmed down.

After a few minutes, she slowly moved away from him and led him to the sofa where both of them sat together.

"Wanna do something to clear your mind? What about playing cards?" Paula tried her best to cheer him up.

The kids suddenly barged in while the two were in the middle of playing. They wanted to join too but they don't know how to play it. So they let them join and taught them all the way through.

Ethan was happy because Paula was a very responsible woman. She exactly knows her actions Ethan was impressed by the way Paula managed both her own life and his. It's as though she's already part of his family. What if Paula won't be able to help him anymore? Could he ever manage his own life without her? Even the kids got used to having her and Lyka around. They liked her just the way she took care of him.

Ethan was wondering if she ever had time for herself? What about her personal life? Had she ever been dating anyone after loosing her husband? Does she get enough sleep? Looked like she leaves his home late every night just to make sure they are well taken care of. What a wonderful woman she is.

Paula was a bit bothered by what had just happened between Bella and Ethan. Why was Ethan so angry that he shouted at Bella and told her to leave. She wanted to ask but maybe it was just between the two. Were they dating before? When? How? Why was she not informed? Was it before his wife died? Gush, they're having an affair? My gush what am I thinking? No no no. Erase erase erase.