Beautiful Moments

Ethan was trying to call Paula but her phone was turned off. It's been two days since the last time they talked. What could be the reason why she can't be reached. He was waiting for her to come home but the fact that she has married Bob was really disturbing him. He knew they were together in their younger years but he don't think they're still involved with each other. How could this happen.

Ethan was restless. He went to her unit. No one's there. Lyka was out for school. He prepared a bouquet to welcome Paula back. He can't deny he felt an emptiness deep inside him without Paula around.

The door opened and Paula emerged. Ethan was a bit frightened but he immediately hugged Paula. He truly missed her.

"I missed you." He told Paula while still holding her.

Paula burst in tears.

"What's wrong?" Ethan looked at Paula in the eyes.

"Bob's gone. He's gone Ethan. My first love is gone." She said while crying.

Ethan held her again to calm her down. He let her cry on his shoulder until there was no more tears in her eyes.

Then they both sat on the sofa and Paula told Ethan everything about marrying Bob.

Nevertheless, Paula just lost a husband. Another husband.

------

Paula stayed in bed later than usual. She's no energy and she's not interested in doing anything that day. She just wanted to rest. Recalling what had just happened to Bob, the fact that she married him before he passed away. Everything happened so quickly, unexpectedly. At least she helped Bob's family with regards to financial matters. She saved them from Bob's ex-wife. She's still feeling happy that she's done something for Bob. That she might have made him happy before leaving.

She sighed. She's about to go to the kitchen to check what's available for breakfast when the door opened. Ethan came to bring her breakfast.

"What's this. Why are you doing this?"

"I doubt you already had breakfast. Lyka came to eat breakfast with us. She said you're still deep asleep so she didn't disturb you. She's out to school already."

"Thank you Ethan. But really, you don't have to do this na?"

"I'm okay now because of your help. So I'm returning the favor. Here eat your breakfast first before you complain. Hahaha."

"Ethan, are you sure you're okay now? I'll make dinner tonight."

"No Paula. I already told the kids and Stephanie that we'll be out for dinner tonight. My treat. I want to treat you to a nice restaurant as a way of thanking you for everything. Paula, thank you very much."

"Does Lyka know?"

"Yes but she said she have to work with her project so she'll be home late and can't join us."

They went out to a high end restaurant for dinner. Stephanie drove the car so Paula was the one assisting Ethan the whole time.

Back home.

"Thanks for the sumptuous dinner. Ethan do you need help tonight?"

"I'll be glad. But seriously I can work by myself. I learned to be independent when you were gone you know."

"Right. Absolutely right. So that was just a total dependence na Paula. It's good that you also had to be away sometimes." Stephanie said and everyone laughed in agreement.

"Okay then I'll head straight. Night everyone."

"I'll send you home." Ethan suggested.

Ethan hugged Paula from the back right after closing the door.

"Can we stay like this a little longer? Just like this."

Paula was a little frightened. Ethan has been doing this to her since she took care of his family. Was he falling for her? Paula had never thought about this possibility until this moment. After a while, she removed Ethan's arms around her and faced him.

"Need me to put you to sleep?" She teased him.

"Goodnight Paula, thanks for everything."
He immediately left Paula's place before he lost control of himself. He's falling for her and he wanted to stay with her everyday.

------
A few months later...
-----

Early morning, Ethan came with a set of breakfast for Paula and Lyka. But Lyka already left. She's in a hurry to catch up deadlines. So both of them ate breakfast together.

"You know John right?"

"Yeah. Is he still pursuing you?"

"How did you know about him pursuing me?"

"You told us long time ago." Referring to him and Bella during the times when the three of them had been hanging out frequently.

"Oh, yeah I remember now. Yeah he's still pursuing me."

"Why didn't you accept him?"

"You want me to?"

"It's really up to you. If you're happy with him then do it."

"Mmmm, okay."

"What okay. You'll accept him?"

"Yeah why not give it a try right?" Paula was only teasing him. She already talked to John about this. And John already promised he'll stop pursuing her already. Reason because Paula told him she already have someone she liked. Who could that be? Ethan or Bob. Honestly Paula didn't really have someone she liked. She just said it so that John will stop pursuing her. John's too young for her and she's sure his family wont agree of her.

After a long silence, Ethan said he's heading back. Was he offended when Paula said she'll give it a try?

She grabbed his hand. "Wont you stay a little longer?"

"Yeah I wanted to but I'm a little tired."

She pulled him towards the sofa and let him sit there. She then gave him a head massage from the back.

"Is this better?"

"Yeah."

Paula massaged his head a little longer then she stopped and sat beside him.

"Why did you suddenly change mood? This is not like you Ethan. Is there something up? Will you tell me? Na ka?" She asked facing him right on his face and looking at him in the eyes.

Ethan touched her chin and slowly lowered his face so that his lips touch hers. She closed her eyes and slightly opened her mouth to give way to Ethan's. That was long. Their first kiss.

"Because you're mine, Paula. Don't tell me you're giving it a try with John. Don't do it."

Paula was speechless. She wanted to tell him she's just kidding him but before she could say a word, Ethan kissed him again. This time, more intense.

Ethan placed his forehead on hers and touched his nose with his. He then hugged her tight.

"Will you be mine Paula?"

He noticed Paula has been quiet. When he looked at her, her face was filled with tears. Was it tears of joy or of hatred? 😂

"Was I too harsh? Sorry I didn't mean to." He said while wiping her tears from her face. "Promise I'll protect you. I'll take care of you like you've been taking care of me. Sorry."

He hugged her again and tapped her back at the same time.