The games we play

Dream was very tired.

It had been ten days since Cross had left, and the empath was starting to realize just how much he relied on his lover: seeing Cross, or even just feeling his presence made him feel... not exactly safe, especially not with his brother around, but at ease.
He knew they had an ally, someone who could help, they weren't the only three sane people in this madhouse.
Now, instead, Cross was gone and they were left at the the mercy of Nightmare and his goons.

Error chuckled, and Dream tightened the grip on the book he was holding; the Destroyed was so pleased, and it made the empath sick to his stomach. The glitch was watching a movie with Ink at his side, but it was mostly an excuse to drape his arm around the artist and cuddle.

Everyone else was busy somewhere else: Horror and Blue were in the kitchen (where the Swap!Sans now spent most of his time to stay away from everyone else), Killer and Dust were sparring (another thing his brother had taken from him, he missed training and pushing his limits), and Nightmare... didn't want to be disturbed.

That left Ink alone with Error, as usual, and Dream quickly inserted himself to keep an eye on his friend: the only thing he could do was pretend to read his book, but it was bad enough that Error now was able to decide what Ink was wearing and had started touching him all the time, Dream would make sure Ink wouldn't be pressured to do anything... untoward.

The Protector was wearing an orange sleeveless jumpsuit today, and Error kept dragging his fingers up and down his arms and kissing his cheek, while the other looked numbly at the screen. He was still extremely complaint and apathetic due to their failed escape, but it seemed he was beginning to wake up from his dazed state, as whenever Error's hands drifted to his chest or his hips, he gently pulled them away, lacing his fingers with the Destroyer.
He wasn't letting him have his way, and Dream hoped that an audience would discourage Error from becoming bolder.

A lack of sounds from the television caught Dream's attention, and he realized that the movie was now over.
"It was a nice movie." Ink's voice was very subdued, but Error didn't seem to mind.
"ι'爪 G𝔩A𝓭 𝕪σ𝕌 𝔩𝐢𝕂E𝓭 𝐢t, ķ𝐢𝕂𝐢. ᗝŇ𝔩𝕪 t𝓱E ᵇEşt ⓕσя 爪𝕪 𝓭σ𝔩𝔩." The Destroyer grabbed the Protector's chin in his hand and went for a kiss; Ink let him, closing his eyes in resignation. Error kept them open.

He then glanced at Dream and said, full of want: "ι t𝓱𝐢Ň𝕂 𝐢t'ş t𝐢爪E ⓕσя 𝕌ş tσ яEt𝕌яŇ tσ σ𝕌я яσσ爪 ŇσⓌ, я𝐢G𝓱t 𝔩σѶE?" He squeezed Ink's forearm, who just murmured: "Whatever you say."
"Oh, are you leaving so soon? What a shame!"

Dream was panicking. He couldn't let Error take Ink away, he didn't want to think about what was going to happen in that room, he had to find a way to keep them both there with him.

"I- I wanted all of us to play a board game this afternoon! Wouldn't that be fun?"
Error frowned, annoyed, and opened his mouth, but Ink took the bait and said: "I like board games."
"ķ𝐢𝕂𝐢-"
"Can we play Pictionary? I'm good at-"
"ķ𝐢𝕂𝐢." Error's tone was harsh, irritated, and Ink wilted. "ι ⓌAŇt 𝕌ş tσ Gσ tσ σ𝕌я яσσ爪. t𝓱E σt𝓱Eяş 𝓬AŇ p𝔩A𝕪 σŇ t𝓱E𝐢я σⓌŇ." He then smiled, eager, and caressed Ink's cheek with the back of his hand. "𝕎E 𝓬AŇ 𝓱AѶE σ𝕌я σⓌŇ ⓕ𝕌Ň."

Dream suppressed a shiver and tried again, saying: "But, Error, my brother already agreed!"
It wasn't true, but Dream knew that he just needed to tell Nightmare he wanted them all to play together, and his brother would indulge him. He had to tell Error that it was already decided though, otherwise the glitch would make himself unavailable, and his twin would just let him be.