Her Smile

Marley and Jake looked at Ryder. Ryder pounded the lockers with his fists. Soon after he stopped and then just dropped to the ground in tears. Marley got up and walked over to Ryder. "Ryder I need you to tell me this how long have you loved her for?" Marley said as she bent down to Ryder's level. Jake walked over and stood behind Marley watching what Marley did to Ryder. Ryder looked up at Marley with tears streaming down his face. "That day when I kissed her in front of all the glee club while we were fighting...I ran away because I knew right there that I was in love with Jessica" Ryder said looking straight ahead of him picturing the kiss that they shared in front of everyone in glee club.

Marley looked up at Jake and gave him a nod, she looked back at Ryder and then took out a tissue from her bag. Marley dabbed the tissue under Ryder's eyes and got rid of all the water in is eyes. She then gave him a bottle of water and sat down beside him. Jake walked over and sat on the other side of Ryder. "Ryder, you wanna know how I feel better after talking about my girlfriend?" Jake said as he looked at Marley. Ryder looked at him and then asked "How?". Jake looked at Ryder and said "By talking about my favourite thing about her face" Jake said making Marley blush. Jake and Ryder looked at Marley with her cheeks as red as roses. They both laughed and then Marley said "Hey stop laughing,Now Ryder whats your favourite thing about Jessica?"

Ryder smiled and put his head back. "Her smile" Ryder said while he was messing with his fingers. Marley and Jake smiled at one another and then Jake said "Hey,dude show Marley the picture of  Jessica." Ryder unlocked his phone and then said "Which one?" Jake smiled at him and then hit him in the arm. "The one you showed me...you know your favourite one" Jake said as he pictured his favourite picture of Marley in his head. Ryder scrolled through the pictures and then finally came across the picture of Jessica, the one he showed Jake. Marley smiled at the picture. "Ah I see why you like her smile" Marley said hitting Ryder in the arm in a friendly way. Ryder let out a little laugh and looked at the picture. He started to taste the strawberry lipstick in his mouth.

Jake looked at Ryder. "Getting that strawberry taste in your mouth again?" Jake asked Ryder. Ryder nodded at Jake and then he could see that Jake could smell the popcorn he told him about. "Your getting the popcorn smell aren't you" Ryder said as he looked at Jake. Jake nodded and then took Marley's hand. Marley looked so confused about all this so Ryder told her about the strawberry taste thing. "Aww that's so cute" Marley said in a cute voice. "Hey what happens to you when you see your favourite picture of me" Marley said looking at Jake. Jake smiled "I smell the popcorn that you threw at me on our first date" Jake said smiling. Marley smiled at Jake and then kissed his hand. Ryder smiled at all this and then he got up. He smiled and took out his phone. He texeted Jessica.

Text: Hey Babe if your free 2morrow night meet me,jake&marley and breadstixs at 7:00PM and after to a movie!! please text back we haven't talked since the other day in the choir room!! Ryder

Ryder pressed send and then smiled. Jake got up with Marley. "What did you just do?" Jake asked concerned. Ryder smiled and then said "Tomorrow if she says yes we are going to Breadstixs and the to see a movie...all of us." Jake and Marley smiled and said at the same time "Sounds like a date!" They all laughed and then Ryder got a text back. It was from Jessica. He took a deep breath and opened the text.

Text:Hey and yeah thats great I'll meet you guys there 2morrow at 7:00PM!! Jessxxx P.S I'll wear my strawberry lipstick ;)

Ryder smiled at his phone. He then looked up at Marley and Jake and said "Breadstixs here we come!!" They all laughed and then Marley said "Hey don't forget the movies!" The all laughed and then left to go help Marley and her mom with tomorrows lunch.