Chapter 13

Regina rolled out of bed her body felt heavy and sluggish, she had spent the early part of the morning throwing up. Silently cursing herself out for eating the entire pint of ice cream because she was now paying the price.

"Babe are you okay?" Christian asked as he walked into the bedroom and saw Regina laying at the edge of the bed.

"I don't feel good, too much ice cream." She said tossing the empty carton across the room.

"Aww my baby has a bad stomach." He said helping her back into bed. Christian placed his hand on her forehead to feel for a fever.

"You feel a little warm."

"Don't start doctoring me I'm fine, I have to go to work." She said trying to climb out of bed but Christian pushed her back down.

"You're not going anywhere; just relax while I let Verity know you're taking the day off."

"Tell her I will be in around 1."

"No, you can go to work tomorrow, doctor's orders." He said with a wink as he picked up her cell phone and called Verity.

"Hey Verity, it's Christian," He said as Regina tried to snatch the phone away from him. "Gina can't come in today because she's sick." He continued.

"Verity help I'm being held hostage." Gina cried as she wrapped her arm around Christian's neck as she tried to pull the phone out of his vice grip.

"Don't listen to her, she really is sick." He said before biting Regina's hand making her let him go and fall back on the bed to nurse her wounded hand.

Christian finished his conversation with Verity before returning to a sulking Regina.

"You bit me I'm going to press charges." She said tossing her pillow at him.

"I didn't even bite you that hard, let me see your hand." He said reaching for her hand and Regina pushed him back with her foot. Christian grabbed her foot by the heel and wrapped his hand around her ankle.

"I'm trying to be nice but if you're going to keep fighting me I'll start being mean." He said as he ran his finger along the arch of her foot causing Regina to go insane.

"Stop it I'll be good just don't tickle my foot." She pleaded not being able to take a tickling session from Christian who would not give in until she was physically drained.

"Okay now get under the covers, when I get out of the shower I want to hear your melodic snoring." He said helping Regina under the covers.

"You must be in love if my snoring is melodic." She laughed.

"Are you just realizing that now?" he said kissing her forehead before heading for the bathroom. It didn't take long for sleep to reclaim Regina even though she was determined not to waste the day away in bed. A few hours later Regina woke up as Christian walked in carrying a tray with a bowl of chicken noodle soup and a warm coke.

"Patient Washington- Grey your lunch has arrived." Christian said as he placed the tray on her lap as she sat up.

"Will this kill me?" she asked as she sniffed at the soup.

"I didn't make it Elizabeth did."

"Oh, well in that case you can feed me." She said handing Christian the spoon.

"Shall I cool your soup for you as well?"

"Yeah, but do it like a sexy French model." She said and Christian just stared at her, silence hung in the air as Regina waited for Christian to feed her.