Chapter 19

"This place is really nice." Christian said as he carried in their luggage. It was the first time he had been to Regina's new place and he could see why she was in a rush to get back home. The view of the city was amazing.

"I'd give you the grand tour but I'm pretty tired." Regina said as she plopped down onto her sofa.

"Then let's go to bed." Christian said as he placed the luggage into a corner before holding his hand out for Regina to take. He could tell that she was tired even after a week of leisure at the ranch; he had no idea that pregnancy would be so rough on her. Regina took his hand and led him towards her bedroom where Regina quickly disrobed and dove into bed.

"Come on cowboy don't just stand there, get in."

"That is most definitely a queen sized bed how am I supposed to sleep comfortable with my feet hanging over the edge?" he said and Regina rolled her eyes.

"Fine sleep on the floor for all I care." She said turning on to her side.

"Don't sass me pregnant or not I'll still spank you." He said and Regina just waved him off.

"Where's the bathroom?"

"Walk out of here and it's the second door on the left." Regina mumbled already half asleep.

Christian found his way to the bathroom and decided to freshen up a bit before going to bed. He opened up the medicine cabinet in search of dental floss when a box fell out. Christian picked up the box and his eyes stretched when he read the medication name. A surge of emotions coursed through him as he ripped open the box and pulled out the pills and turned over the packaging to find it unopened.

"I brought you a towel..." Regina stopped mid-sentence when she saw the box in Christian's hand. Her heart dropped to her feet as an overwhelming sense of shame came over her as Christian stared at her. Regina grabbed the box from his hands and tossed it into the trash can.

"Christian I-"

"You're tired, let's just go to sleep." Christian said as he walked passed her and towards the bedroom. Regina slowly followed behind him; she knew that he was upset with her and that there would be some type of backlash from what had just happened. Regina climbed into bed and waited until Christian got in to lay down. Even though they were so close to each other Regina felt like they were so far away. Looking over her shoulder all she could see was Christian's back, with a sigh she closed her eyes and silently prayed that things would be better in the morning.

****

The next morning Regina woke up to an empty bed and an even heavier heart. She picked up her cell phone from her nightstand to check her messages and she had a text from Christian.

'Got called in...we'll talk later.'

Regina's bottom lip poked out as she frowned at the text, she knew that it really meant for her to stay as far away as possible until from Christian until he was ready to talk. With a frustrated groan she pulled herself out of the bed, there was no way she was going to stay home all day and mope; she would rather put herself to work.

The minute she walked into the office Regina's mood went even further south when she saw Rashad flirting with Ramona.

"Don't you have somewhere to be instead of here sucking up our oxygen?" Regina said as she rolled her eyes at Rashad as he flashed her a smile.

"I'm right where I'm supposed to be, don't you know my whole reason for being is to get on your nerves." He said as he poked her in the shoulder and Gina slapped his hand away as she turned her attention to Ramona.