Chapter 7

Regina walked into the office hoping she could pass by Verity's office undetected but it was no use.

"What happened to you last night, you were supposed to call me." Verity said barely raising her head to look up from her computer screen.

"I know, I got a little side tracked." Regina said mumbled as she slipped into her office with Verity on her heels. Verity watched Regina sit down at her desk and noticed the guilty expression on her face.

"You're up to something, what did you do?" Verity asked as she sat down in the chair across from her desk.

"Nothing," Regina said quickly as she powered up her computer.

"Liar," Verity said and Regina knew that she wasn't going to let things go until she got to the truth.

"Okay I'll tell you, but when I do promise me you won't go crazy," Regina said as she closed her office door and faced Verity.

"Last night after the meeting with Cookie, Christian and I got into an argument and somehow it led to..." Regina trailed off as she allowed Verity to fill in the blanks. Verity stared at Regina for a few seconds before she gasped.

"You little hussy you had sex with him didn't you?" Verity yelled causing Regina to wince.

"I don't know how it happened one minute I was ready to rip him and a new one and the next thing I know I was naked and ass up," Regina whined as she plopped into the chair next to Verity.

"So what does this mean?"

"Nothing, I don't want to be with him."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure he hurt me once I won't let him do it again," Regina said with such conviction Verity almost believed her.

"We are going to lunch today and we will talk about this," Verity said as she stood up.

Regina was grateful for the silence after Verity left; it gave her some time to think about what had happened. Christian had imprinted himself on her, she could still feel his strong arms wrapped around her waist after they had fallen asleep. She could still smell his scent on her skin even though she showered for what seemed like an hour to erase the memory of what had been. Regina knew that she was going to regret her one moment of weakness for a long time.

"Teresa, did Ramona get here yet?" Regina asked over the intercom.

"Yeah she just walked in; I'll send her to you," Teresa said and a few minutes later Ramona walked into her office with her notepad.

"Good morning Gina."

"Morning Ramona, are you ready to go over everything we need for Saturday?"

"Yes," Ramona mumbled as she turned to a fresh page in her notepad. Regina spent over an hour and a half going over the list they had made three times just to make sure that they had everything they needed for the reception. Regina couldn't wait for Saturday to come; once the wedding was over she could give Christian a piece of her mind and never see him again.

*****

"Come on Regina I'm hungry," Verity whined as she hung off of the doorframe waiting for Regina to gather up her things.

"I am going to kill Dimitri for getting you pregnant again; you're a pain in the neck."

"Judging from that hickey on your neck I would say Christian is," Verity said with a giggle. "And for the last time, I am not pregnant," Verity said and Regina rolled her eyes.

When they arrived at their favorite restaurant Savoy, Regina watched as Verity drooled over the menu, she looked like she hadn't eaten in days.

"Why are you so adamant about believing that you are not pregnant when it's very clear to me and everyone else that you are?" Regina asked as she sipped on her glass of wine.