"He's His Own Alpha Now"

A week.

Wren had been in wolf form for a week and had yet to phase back. She kept connection with the pack, talking to the guys, meeting up with them every once in a while but never phasing back to her human form. Now she was sitting in the middle of the clearing where she had met Sam for the first time over half a year ago, waiting for him to come and meet her again. 

After about ten minutes of waiting the large black wolf sauntered into the clearing, alone just like she had asked the day before. Hey Wren, it's good to see you. She hadn't met up with Sam yet, only talking to him when he was on patrol through the mind link. 

You too Sam, thanks for not forcing me to come back. 

I wouldn't do that, at least your still here and helping. Leah gave you a hard time and I'm really sorry for that, she doesn't have the best opinion of imprints after what I'd do to her. Wren could here the sadness in his thoughts as he remembered how he had hurt Leah years ago, when he imprinted on her cousin. 

It's not your fault, we can't control it. She'll understand when she finds her imprint. Sam just nodded his big furry head before turning the conversation back to the subject.

What did you want to talk about, and, when are you coming back? Jake is worried. 

I don't think I am Sam.. Wren replied as she looked down towards the ground, her paws suddenly becoming very interesting. 

What do you mean? Wren could feel him stiffen and she whimpered a bit as she felt the sadness going through her Alpha. 

I'm going to live out here for a while, like old times. I promise I'll still run my patrols and I'll still talk to everyone, I won't disappear like Jake did. I just.. She trailed off, carefully choosing her next words. I need some time to think things through, collect myself again. 

The black wolf nodded his head and let out a puff of air. You want me to tell the others? 

Can you please? And make sure to tell them it's not their fault and that it's my own choice. 

Will do. He turned and started to walk towards the forest, back to the reservation where the pack was waiting to hear the news.

Oh and Sam? Wren called after him, making him stop. Thank you. For taking me in when I didn't have anything. 

Your welcome Wren, I hope you'll come back soon. 

I promise. And with that, the black wolf ran into the cover of the forest.

🐺🐺🐺

"What do you mean she's not coming back?" Jacob yelled, already worked up.

"She said she wants to stay out for a while and gather herself, she's still apart of the pack and isn't going to leave like you did. She's just going to stay in wolf form for a while." Sam said calmly as he stood infront of the pack with one arms wrapped around Emily's waist. 

"I'm going to talk to her. Come on Seth, Embry." Jake said as he started for the door onky to be stopped by Sam's hand on his shoulder. 

"Leave her be Jacob, go home and see Billy. She'll come to the rez when she wants to talk." Sam said sternly, letting the alpha order slip in.

"Fine." Jake growled, shoving his hand off before running out of the house and phasing, running towards his house. 

🐺🐺🐺

"I'll tell you if I hear anything Charlie. I'm sorry." Billy hung up the phone as Jacob came into the house, grabbing a apple off the counter. 

"What's wrong with Charlie?" He asked as he took a bit of the apple, finishing almost half of it with the one bite.