River

Jacob sucked in a breath of air as a wave of pain washed over him. "Jacob?" Worry in his voice, Seth set Renesmee on the ground and went towards his Alpha. "What's wrong man?" 

"Wren." Jacob hissed out, trying to shake off the pain so he could try and sense where his imprint was and why she was feeling such pain. Renesmee hesitantly walked over to Seth and placed a hand on his cheek, watching him while his eyes went blank for a moment before he nodded.

"Yeah, that's her Ness. She's Jacobs imprint, remember?" Renesmee nodded and looked worried. She had always wanted to meet the girl who hid in the woods, but for some reason she didn't want to meet her. Everyone had told her it wasn't her fault and that she wasn't mad at her but they wouldn't tell her the reason she stayed away. Even Leah came near her more and that was saying something. 

"I can't find her. She's keeping her thoughts hidden." Jacobs pained expression returned while his eyes looked dazed and he searched his mind for any message from Wren. Why couldn't he find her? Was she trying to stay hidden from him? Had he done something wrong? Sure, they hadn't spent much time together recently but he thought that's what she wanted, time to morn. He had tried to comfort her but he understood that she needed some time alone. 

"That's it, I gotta go find her." Jacob said stiffly after searching his mind for another minute. 

"I'll come." Seth moved away from Renesmee and Jacob didn't try to stop him. Wren could be hurt. And if anything happened to her he would never forgive himself. 

"Let's go." Jacob hurried out the door, already stripping off his top layer of clothes just as a solid gray wolf with a white star on its head burst threw the tree line, ignoring Leah who immediately jumped to her feet and growled at him. "Dakota?" The wolf nodded its shaggy head and whined, motioning back towards the forest. 

"Sam will have to wait, I have to find Wren. I think she's hurt." Jake waved the kid off and started to phase when Dakota growled, making Jacob focus on him again. Dakota motioned with his head back towards the forest and Jacob wanted to slap himself. "She's with you?" Dakotas tale wagged like a puppy and Jacob phased immediately, not even waiting for the pup to jump out of the way. 

"Is she hurt? Where is the rest of the pack." Jacob started to pace, eager to rush into the darkness of the forest and take Wren away from whatever was hurting her. To comfort her and make up for the time he missed with her. 

"No, no. She's ok. Well... Maybe not ok."  He let out a growl and Dakota shrunk back, making him feel bad almost immediately.

"What do you mean Maybe? Dakota where is she!" Jake barked out. God, he hated talking like this. It was much easier to communicate through each others minds. 

"Just follow me, ok! And calm down before we get there. She's been through a lot." Before he could get anything else out the gray wolf had already bound towards the forest and Jacob chased right on his tail. 

What did he mean she had been through a lot? Was she hurt? What happened? Thoughts rushed through Jacobs head and he didn't realize he was getting near the border until he had jumped across the river. "Dakota, where is she?" Jacob barked ahead, trying to hide the whine that was trying to escape his throat. 

"I think Grey took her to Sam's. The pack should be there but they already know your coming. Keep an open mind." Jacob wanted to growl at the kid, to demand that he told him what had happened to Wren. But he knew it was wrong and if he was angry then he could make things worse when he did figure out what happened.

Wren's POV

When Grey bounded into the yard I could already hear the pack inside, shouting happily while they joked around with each other. I slid off Grey's back and hid slightly behind him while Grey let out a sharp bark and the sound coming from inside Emily's house went silent before the screen door opened. "Grey? Why are you in your wolf form? Hurry up, Em's got food and then Wrens coming over later." I could Embry first but I could sense that the others were around.