Chris Wichita

(2 months later)

I let out a snarl and ran into the forest, it wasn't getting away this time. My bare feet padded across the soft cool forest floor. 

Are you seriously at it again? I could hear Grays voice in my head and Dakota laughed. I had become close with the twins after Caleb passed. It took me a bit to accept it but at least he could see his mom again. I missed him, but I knew he was in a better place. I had also gotten close to Hunter and Chase and didn't look at them any differently than the others who had been in the pack since the day I joined. I never spoke to Jack again though, and even if I wanted to the others didn't let him near me. 

Yes, I will catch it. I thought back before speeding up. Whatever was in front of me was no where near as silent as me. It was breaking twigs and smashing though bushed while I got closer, step by step. Finally, I could get a glimpse of a shadow infront of me and phased, lunging forward until I landed on something, pinning it the ground while it grunted. 

It struggled against me but I growled, putting my paw on its chest as I held it down. Then it just, stopped. It's stopped struggling and started laughing. "Ok, ok, you win. It took you long enough." A deep voice boomed out and I lessened the pressure on the man but kept my paw there. 

"Could you let me up now?" I considered it but decided I could chase him again so I pulled my paw back. "Thanks" A tall man jumped up, dusting his pants off because that was all he was wearing. Surprisingly on his two feet he nearly came to my height as a wolf. It was weird, he didn't seem scared of me, like he was used to it. 

"It would be nice if you phased back, so I could talk to you too." Oh yeah, he definitely knew something. I loped behind a tree and phase back, throwing on a jacket over my tank top and some cargo pants. 

"Ok, I'm here. Now, explain." He let out a long whistle while he looked me up and down. "And I have a boyfriend you weirdo." I grabbed a rock and threw it at him but he was quick to duck out of the way, laughing. 

"I apologize." He had a smirk on his face but I just shrugged. "My names Christopher Witchita, but everyone calls me Chris." 

"That's nice, now how do you know about me? And how did you hide from me for so long?" Without a word, he just slowly slinked back into the cover of the trees. It was like he disappeared. 

"It's easy, dark plus dark equals invisible, baby." I looked him over without thinking about it. He had black hair, brown skin, and brown eyes. It would be easy to sink into the shadows looking like that. He also wasn't that horrible looking, like the other guys he was buff.

 "Fricken super model on steroids." I muttered under my breath and he chuckled.

"Thanks, your not bad yourself." He poked back at me.

"Haha, your hilarious. Now, how do you know about us?" I laughed sarcastically before glaring at the teen again. He seemed to be the same age as Jacob and the others, who are now nineteen, so older than me and Leah, eighteen, and the others who are all mostly sixteen or seventeen. He couldn't be Sam's age who was twenty-two and was getting married in about two months. 

Without saying any thing he started to take his pants off. I didn't react which he obviously expected me to when he glanced up at me. I was used to the boys taking off their pants before phasing, I was mostly just waiting to see if what I had guessed was true. "Prepare to be amazed." He winked at me and I rolled my eyes before he jumped into the air, shifting into a huge black wolf, barely bigger than Sam. His black coat had patches of gray and his dark brown eyes had turned bright blue like mine.