{{12}}

In the middle of the night, I felt someone trying to shake me awake. When I sat up, I realized that it was y/n.

D: What's wrong love?

Y/N: I had a nightmare. Can I sleep with you tonight?

D: Of course

After she slid under to covers and cuddled up to my chest, I asked,

D: What was your nightmare about darling?

Y/N: I had a dream that we were in a meadow surrounded by beautiful flowers and we were eating a picnic lunch.

D: That doesn't seem to be bad

Y/N: That part wasn't, the next part was

D: What was the next part then?

Y/N: We were sitting there eating and you got an odd look on your face. When I asked you what was wrong, you told me that you didn't actually love me. Without another word, you stood up and left me sitting there by myself.

D: So you had a nightmare about me leaving you and that's what scared you so much?

She nodded as she looked up at me. I looked down at her with a smile and softly kissed her on the lips. She kissed me back then cuddled back into my chest. Then and there, I knew for sure, I'm not going through with this bet. I would not hurt her that way. Then I fell asleep listening to her steady breathing.

I woke up the next morning to feel y/n still in my arms. When I opened my eyes, I saw that she was still quietly sleeping. She looked so peaceful lying there that I didn't want to wake her up but before I fully finished my statement, someone busted into my room, making her sit straight up. When we turned to see who it was, I saw that it was my father followed by my mother.

L: What is the meaning of this!?

N: Lucius, leave them be. This is not the time.

L: Oh yes. I think this is the perfect time. Get out of here y/n! I will not have you slee-

Before he could finish his sentence, y/n's hand twitched and I knew that she had just cast a spell when I heard nothing more from him. She stood up and walked over to my parents.

Y/N: Excuse us a moment, Mrs. Malfoy and Draco

Then walked out of the room with father right behind her like a lost puppy dog. Mother turned to me and asked,

N: Do you think that she is so much like him that she would-

D: No mother. She will more than likely put the funniest curse on him. She did yesterday before we got ready for bed. She made a book come and hit him anytime he tried to hit me.

N: Yes, I noticed that. It did the same when he tried to hit me.

She laughed and I laughed with her.

D: Do you think father has met his match?

N: I would say so. Being she is my sister's child, I would not be surprised.

D: I haven't heard you laugh in so long. It nice to hear again.

N: Well, maybe y/n will stay around for a long while and she can keep making us laugh. She is a light that you have brought into darkness. Maybe her light will spread to us, if you keep her around long enough.

We heard footsteps coming back up the stairs and from how light they were, I could tell that it was y/n but I couldn't hear father. When she came back into the room, she was holding a big, black, fluffy cat in her arms.

N: Where is Lucius? Is he alright?

Y/N: He is completely fine Mrs. Malfoy. As a matter of fact, he is right here and will stay with me until Father comes

N: What do you mean? I don't see...

D: Mother, y/n turned father into the cat she is holding.

Y/N: Yes, and he will be staying this way until my father arrives. Maybe he can learn the manners that you have been able to pass on to your son. Thankfully none of it was messed up by Lucius and him not having manners. Now as for the question he yelled at me before telling me to get out. I slept with Draco last night because I had a nightmare. Now if you would be so kind as to leave so that Draco and I can get changed and please take your husband with you. I will come get him when we are finished.

N: Yes Miss. Y/N and thank you for being there with my son and protecting us from Lucius.

Y/N: It was no problem. You are both family. Now if you please...

Mother nodded and walked out of the room with father in her arms. When she got out of the room, I turned to y/n and only then did I really see her. She was in one of my t-shirts that I had let her borrow and black/green socks on. She had thrown her hair up into a messy bun when she went to deal with father. Her eyes were normally an ocean blue but in the morning sunlight coming through my window, her eyes were the color of fog. She walked over to me and smiled up at me. I smiled back then leaned down and softly kissed her.

She kissed me back and before I knew what I was doing I had deepened the kiss and now had her legs around my waist. I pulled back to look at her as she smiled down at me. She softly kissed me on the lips one more time before she jumped down and went to get changed. Only then did I realized that I was in nothing but sweatpants.

I had just finished getting changed when...