↬့◗Various Characters | Lantern Rite Ꙭ (✰)

10K reads, 11K reads and lantern rite event special

Like a bright lantern in the sky tonight that brings happiness to Liyue, let us promise to always shine and protect Liyue for their happiness in the future.

The atmosphere today is different than usual in Liyue Harbor, decorations everywhere from the moment you step your foot to Liyue Harbor. The lantern rite celebration is today, it's not evening and yet everybody already walking around in the harbor.

"It's almost lantern rite Y/n ! I can't wait to see the fireworks !"
Paimon said with her sparkly eyes and high pitched voice, It's not the first time she said it. Trust me that she already repeat that over and over again.

"Y/n and Paimon !" A boy called me and Paimon from distance with his hand waving, but I can only see his hand.

Who ?

"Excuse me, coming through, please excuse me." His figure walking closer and closer and that boy stop in front of me.
"Oh ? Chongyun ? Hii !" He smile looking at me and Paimon, "uhm, y/n ! We all will celebrate lantern rite in the Jade Palace, Keqing told me to invite you too." Me and Paimon nod, all three of us walk away from Liyue harbor heading to the Jade Palace.

"It's rare to see you all alone, where's Xingqiu ? And Xiangling ?" He points to the sky, "they already up there waiting for us, oh and-
He rummaging his pocket and give me a tiny box made out of wood but elegant and classy with my name carved on it and a letter.

"Who-
"Zhongli, he can't come so he give it to Hu Tao and Hu Tao give it to me because I pick you up, oh don't open the letter and the box until the fireworks show begin." I tilted my head and put it in my pocket, Zhongli never give me a present before.

"Well what are we waiting for ? Up we go !!" Chongyun grab my wrist and make me run with him until we arrive beneath the Jade Palace. "How do we- whoa!!!
Suddenly me and Chongyun floating up to the Jade Palace with a stone that led us up there.

After we arrived, I saw Xiangling, Xingqiu, Hu Tao, Shenhe, Ganyu, Yun Jin and Xinyan also Keqing with her new fresh look.

"Keqing, you look amazing !!" I give her a quick hug and examine her dress. "Ningguang gave this to me, she has taste huh ?" I nod, "yup, she definitely has taste, anyway perfect timing y/n ! The firework about to show up !" She grab my wrist and we walk together for a better view of Liyue from up here.

"Everyone ! The last event of lantern rite !"
Everyone started to gather around, from the distance Liyue Harbor filled with lights and floating lantern, the firework lit up the sky, all of us staring in awe.

"Happy lantern rite everyone." Keqing said to all of us and we all nod and staring at the sky, "HAPPY LANTERN RITE EVERYONE !" all of us said in unison.

Oh yeah, Zhongli letter.

I step aside from the crowd and open the box from Zhongli, inside the box I saw a hairpin with a shape of silk flower. I take the letter from my pocket and I open it.

Y/n
Happy lantern rite, I wish you the best of luck, I made a gift for you I got help from Hu Tao while making it and I hope you like it.
From this day I hope our friendship will be strong and unbreakable. I can't come because I need to have some alone time with old friend.

Thank you, Zhongli.

"Nice hairpin." Xiao suddenly appear in front of me. "Ah ! You scared me !" He put a smug expression on his face. "I thought you wouldn't come." He rolled his eyes, "of course I come, happy lantern rite y/n." He give me a pat on my head while smiling a tiny smile but visible. "I gotta go, see you around y/n." He jump and let him fall before he dissapeared.

I shrugged my shoulder and walk back to the crowds and I look down to Liyue Harbor, "y/n ? Soemthing in your mind ?" Ningguang suddenly approach me with her new appearance.

"I hope, there will be no tragedy again in Liyue." Ningguang sigh and stare at the sky, "yes, I do hope too. Their happiness, the happiness of my people is important like the lantern...

Lantern ?

"A light that always shine and make everyone happy and give them warm feeling and memories, I want to be like that for them, I want to protect them." I nod and give her a reassuring smile, "you already did. Happy lantern rite Ningguang, you did well." She look at my face and look away to the sky closing her eyes, "happy lantern rite, Y/n."