Pain

3rd pov

Despite what the Net-ops think, and even the doctors that fix them Netnavis do feel pain. Very well. It hurts, getting into battles, but obviously the pain isn't enough of an incentive to stop them from battling. It's just too much fun. However, the Net-Ops can never know that they feel pain, or they'd never let them battle ever again. It's an unspoken thing, especially amongst the team of friends Megaman has.

Netnavis that don't get used often, turn suicidal, thinking they're not good, or that their Op wants to replace them, stuff like that which is one of the reasons Navis do not tell their Ops they feel pain. The ops would've continued to be oblivious too, if Megaman had not made a mistake, one that everyone forgives him for as well. The team like to take care of each other, fix any damage that's not too serious. They gather in one PC, usually Megaman's since it's not only the easiest, but he gets hurt the most.

They almost always mute the Pc as well, just in case the Ops have to walk in to get something, but this time they had forgotten. They have just come from a difficult battle, bruises and cuts and a few broken bones, though the Ops don't know because the PET happens to have a function that let's them appear normal, though they don't use it often. A few of them are close to being deleted. Megaman, Roll and Gutsman are more or less fine, but Iceman and Glide are much less experienced in battle and they're also not really built for it unless in extreme conditions, so they're the worst off.

The Ops are downstairs, eating and laughing, though they do look worried occasionally, they quickly get drawn back into conversation. Megaman heads back to the PC from where he'd been scouting from the tv, glad to know they're sufficiently distracted for the moment and maybe the next hour. The other Navi are sprawled around the room, waiting for Megaman. He knows the most about injuries and how to treat them and they always - even Gutsman - insist he gets treated first. Megaman sighs and then groans, the pain from his ribs encouraging him very heavily to not do that again.

The others crows around, feeling him over for broken bones, cuts and anything he might be able to hide. They end with a result of 5 broken ribs, a broken arm, a knee in desperate need of being popped back in and a burn spanning his back. The burn and knee they leave alone for the moment, they'll be treated after everyone else. Iceman encases Megaman's torso in ice to keep the ribs in place and let them heal properly over the next few minutes, while his arm is realigned and then iced as well. He grits his teeth and bites down on a cloth to keep from screaming while they work.

They move on Roll - a dislocated shoulder quickly fixed and put into a sling - ,Glide - some burns which are covered in a paste and then left alone, as well as a nice cut along his arm which is cleaned and wrapped - to Iceman - a few minor cuts that are bandaged and a broken finger which they align then ice - and finally to Gutsman, who has a cut that they clean and then wrap. There's a few cries, one or two screams, but they had tried their hardest to be silent. Honestly, Megaman is the one most likely to scream, since the burn on his back is so bad turning hurts and they others have to crowd close - putting them in risk of bumping his knee - because of his knee, which can barely hold his weight.

With everyone else finished, it's finally time to treat his back and knee. Glide puts a hand on one of Mega's shoulders, as both support and to keep him in place, Gutsman doing the same on his other shoulder. Roll and Iceman are crouched in front of him, both looking over his knee, preparing to put it in place and then ice it. He groans and leans back carefully - Glide supporting his lower back and Gutsman carefully avoiding his shoulders - preparing for the pain, though nothing stops the choked scream from escaping as they pop it back in, ice covering it almost immediately after. Megaman moans and tries to ignore the fact they still have to do his back