Human world

3rd pov

Megaman watches through Lan's eyes as they fight this navi, which is trying to flood the cages and floors below where there are indeed people. The floor is metal, but that doesn't mean much when you can see the data running through the bars of the cages. None of the humans can escape and they are all watching this video, because this cocky navi wants to see the hope drain into despair when it kills Lan. As if. 

Or at least, that's what they said. Despite Megaman's own thoughts, even he has to acknowledge that the navi is strong and based on looks, as well as some of the data he has gotten while they've been fighting, has access to a strong, very slow acting poison that likely has a rare or nonexistence cure. It crawls through the veins and causes agony. Again, they're not entirely sure on that, because they refuse to let one of the people be used as the navi's test dummy and they also refuse to be touched by that shit. No. Just... no.

Megaman winces as Lan moves into a blow instead of away, still learning despite all of their experience, as well as the fact he has no more battle chips to use right now. The growl is entirely the navi's doing, as he glares at the navi... Poisonman? Snakeman? Toxicman? That sounds right. Toxicman continues to beat on Lan, with Megaman unable to do anything more, as Lan seems to have uncounsciously muted him, which is something they're going to have to work on fixing soon.

Nothing bothers a navi more than being fused and being useless to help. He has the armor and the battle chips, but there are limits Megaman can not help him surpass, not as he is now. He bares his teeth as Toxicman lands a low blow, breaking the cross fusion. Panic shoots through Megaman as the PET clatters to the ground. The blue navi can see his Op struggling to catch his breath, sprawled on the floor as Toxicman stalks closer, hand glowing a hideous color. 

With barely a second thought or decision, Megaman activates a fail safe that was put into his code and the PET, tapping a few keys and hitting yes when the screen comes up. There is no hesitation, since Dr.Hikari gave him this fail safe - admittedly probably not by choice and he's most likely forgotten about it - in order to keep Lan safe under extreme circumstances. This counts. There's no real way to describe his data bursting apart, and then gravity taking it's hold. 

Earth's gravity is stronger than the net's, by a rather strong degree. Which means, if Megaman were a normal navi, he would probably move slower and have to adjust to the weight pressing down on him. However, he has been cross fused with his human Op, allowing his data to adjust to the gravity long ago. Megaman uses that to his advantage, since not only has Toxicman not spotted him, but once he does if he reacts, he'll expect the blue navi to be slower, which will be his downfall. With a simple thought, a longsword forms and Megaman moves, running low to the ground and easily slicing his opponent in half. He logs out, too damaged to risk sticking around any longer. Megaman reaches up to press the side of his helmet.

"Dr.Hikari, Mr.Famous, Toxicman has been disposed of. Are there more navis/viruses nearby I need to deal with, or is the dimensional field good to go down?"

"Megaman? Was it really that serious?"

"He forced us out of cross fusion and he was going for Lan. He's got a slow acting poison, that I was not willing to test. This was completely necessary and it was that serious."

"...No, Megaman. The only thing left is some virus' and Roll is taking care of them as we speak. You should be good for a few more minutes. However, one of these times, if you keep using the fail safe, Lan will have questions. Is he conscious?"

Megaman turns to see half lidded eyes staring at him, though there's also a dazed look there. Might've hit his head.

"Not enough to remember. He looks a bit dazed. He might remember, but I'm leaning more towards won't remember so we'll need a cover story. Ideas?"