CHK Trio: Highschool

Thank you so much to the top 20 gifters in KUMU!

This chapter is dedicated to:

alyrchives, lyaangela, cymauicelestia, havesevi, elnea_b, jas21_, limmpaulineeee, elaravaleria, howtokeepupwdk, lomlkierra, elydzm, jastine.marie, ohbreeeyyy98, only4clyden_, mynameisjessica, avriellejuarez, gwygwy2, lovingelvi, princessunayzah, asrieyel!

Follow me on KUMU: gwy.saludes for more sessions like this.

***

"Clyden Jaile Ramirez, batch representative." 

Isa-isa kaming nagpakilala sa harapan para sa unang meeting ng Student Council. I didn't even expect for myself to win. Pinilit lang ako ng adviser ng klase dahil walang may gustong tumakbo sa batch namin. Hindi ko alam kung bakit masyado niya akong pinagkakatiwalaan. Maybe because I graduated as the top of the class during elementary and I liked studying. 

"Okay, next." Our president was so quick to dismiss me while writing something in the white board. Haze Limuel Juarez, the president of Heinrich International School's Student Council. He got 3/4 of the votes from the student body. He could never lose to anyone. Not even close. "Oh, was he the last one?" 

Hindi ako nagsalita at bumalik na lang sa inuupuan ko. The vice president told him that I was the last officer to introduce myself so he went quick to discussing the upcoming event in the school. His voice was loud and clear. It was authoritative. He was so used to speaking in public since he had been an officer since his first year. He had a sense of power that none of the other candidates had. No wonder he won. 

"First, we need a fund. The last batch of officers left us with fifteen thousand pesos. Can we cover all of these events with what we have now?" Tinuro niya iyong mga sinulat niya sa white board. "If you think the answer is yes, then get out of the student council office," he said in all seriousness, pointing to the door using the white board marker. 

"No, Pres," the secretary, Allie, answered for everyone. "The budget is not enough to cover a whole year of events." 

"Yes, and that's why we need to gather some fund. Any suggestions?" He tapped the marker on the board when he faced us. "Let's start with you, Ramirez." 

My brows furrowed when he called me by my surname. Akala ko may iba pang Ramirez pero sa akin sila nakatingin lahat. Bakit ako ang mauuna? Bago lang ako sa student council. Hindi ko alam kung anong isasagot ko. 

"Uh... Raffle," I said out of pressure. Haze looked at me like he wasn't satisfied with my answer but he just shrugged and wrote it down. Nakahinga ako nang maluwag nang lagpasan na ako. 

Isa-isa silang nag-suggest habang nag-iisip ako. My answer was so lame so before everyone got to suggest, I raised my hand. Haze arched a brow before pointing the marker at me. "Yes? Do you have something to say?" 

"I want to change my answer," walang emosyong sabi ko.