3- Meeting the Angry Gator

I bolted upright the next morning, my phone going off loudly next to me. With a groan, I pressed my phone to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Is this (f/n) (l/n)?"

"That's me"

"I'm calling from Freddy Fazbear's Mega Pizzaplex to offer you the job you applied for"

My eyes shot wide open.

"What?! Just like that? No interview?"

The man on the phone laughed nervously, then lowered his voice.

"Okay, look, can I be real with you? Our staff room cleaning crew keeps quitting after the first day. One of our animatronics, Montgomery Gator, won't stop breaking company property and trashing his room. Everyone is fed up, including me if I'm being honest. I keep hoping the right person will come along and KEEP his room clean. Kids haven't been able to meet him and get autographs for weeks...the guys above me are getting agitated. It's not a good look for the company"

I blinked, listening to this guy rant about the gator and all the trouble he was causing. I wasn't quite sure what I could even do about it, but figured I'd give it a shot anyway. If nothing else, it was an excuse to go check out the new Fazbear attraction.

"Well, I'll do my best"

He sounded relieved.

"Thank you, that's all I ask. You might be saving both our asses here"

Then he cleared his throat, returning to his normal volume and professional tone.

"We look forward to working with you; welcome aboard, Miss (l/n)"

He sounded like he had said that line a million times by now. I ended the call and fell backwards onto my bed, straining my brain for memories.

"Was there an alligator character before? Maybe...no...I don't think so...shouldn't there be like...a purple one?"

Emily's voice from the front door snapped me out of my thoughts.

"(Y/n)? Little help with the groceries? Grabbed you some (fav snack)!"

I sat up immediately.

"Hell yeah! Coming!"

(The next day...)

I felt confident as I got ready for work. I was proud that I had already bounced back from my shitty situation like a pro. Now I was living with my best friend and had a job already. I felt unstoppable.

I peeked into the bathroom to see Em getting ready for work, too. She grumbled as she placed the Subway visor on her head.

"Why can't you blowhards make your own damn subs?"

"Because then you'd be out of a job" I chuckled, leaning against the doorframe. She shrieked and jumped, whirling around to face me.

"Don't do that! I almost had to use my karate skills on you!"

I rolled my eyes.

"You went to karate class for like a week and a half when you were 10, Em"

She scoffed, rolling her eyes and adding more hairspray to her orange curls.

"Please, I'm practically a ninja. You heading out?"

"Yeah, gotta be there a little early for training and paperwork"

"Good luck, whore"

"Thanks, bitch"

I smiled, heading out to my car.