12- Stranded

(I took a tiny lil break to take care of some stuff. Family drama and health issues and all that junk. I'm fine tho❤️ no worries)

"What do you MEAN closed?!"

"I am truly sorry, (y/n)...we did not know either until an hour ago"

Monty's eyes lit up and he sat up straight, unplugging the charging cord from the back of his neck and putting his sunglasses back on. He paused then.

"Wildflower, we opened like an hour ago. Why are you still here?"

"F-Freddy says the building is closed!"

"Huh?"

He looked down at my Fazwatch, grabbing my wrist and holding it up to talk to Freddy.

"The hell's going on, Fatbear?"

"Monty, that is very rude. And to answer your question, I am unsure. I was not given details"

Monty groaned.

"I apologize. I will try to find out more soon"

Freddy hung up and I looked up at Monty.

"Now what? I need a shower..."

I had already texted Emily, letting her know what was going on and assuring her I was fine. I sent her another one, letting her know I'd be gone longer as Monty thought for a moment.

"There's showers in the locker rooms. But there's no way in hell you're going alone after what happened. I...got maintenance today and Freddy sure as fuck isn't going with you..."

"I feel like Roxy would use that opportunity to point out my flaws...I am NOT getting naked in front of her!"

"Fine, hold on"

He closed his eyes for a minute, and before I could ask why, they opened again.

"Chica's coming to take you to the showers"

I huffed, crossing my arms.

"You guys are treating me like a child, Monty"

He sighed, running his claws through his hair.

"(Y/n), I get how you feel but...if that asshole comes after you again, you're gonna need help. We're bigger than you, just let us help alright?"

I didn't like being treated like a baby, but I knew he was right. Whoever took me was stronger than I am...probably safer to be escorted by giant robots.

Just then, there was a knock, and the door slid open.

Chica bounded in, bubbly as ever.

"Good morning, (y/n)!"

"Hey Chica, thanks for coming with me"

"Of course! You're, like, my bestest friend! Plus, if that mean kidnapper comes back, somebody's gotta deal with 'em!"

She pounded her fist into her hand, trying to look serious, but just ended up giggling. I couldn't help but smile as I got up to leave with her.

"I'll come right back here after I'm done" I said to Monty.

He looked at me over his shades.

"I promise, alright?"

"Fine, you better"

I left with Chica, stopping at the gift shop for some soap.

"Jeez, you guys really do sell everything. Who's buying this, anyway?"

"Ooh! (Y/n), use my soap! It's strawberry!"

She handed me a bottle of pink body wash with her face on it. I nodded.

"Sure. Lead the way, I guess"

She happily led me to the showers, offering to hold my clothes so they wouldn't get dirty. I didn't mind her seeing me like this, she was far too nice to make fun, plus she wasn't human. As alive as she seemed, that was still comforting.

She stared at me, tilting her head, and I covered myself a little, suddenly self-conscious.

"What?" I asked.

"Sorry, just...it's kinda weird for me to see this. Just because, well, my clothes are part of my body and stuff. Nothing under them but my endoskeleton..."

"Oh..." I said, starting the shower and stepping under the hot water. I sighed.

"Well, do you ever wish...you did have something under?"

She thought for a second, then shrugged.

"I don't know, I guess I hadn't thought about it until now"

"It's easier anyway, trust me. At least you never have to do laundry" I joked, popping open the soap bottle and pouring some into my hand. She giggled.

"Yeah, I guess so. I like my clothes anyway...pink is my favorite!"

"Never would have guessed" I chuckled.

When I was done, she handed me a towel and my clothes. I gave them a spritz of perfume just to freshen up, and put them back on. I figured that would be good enough until I could get back home.

On the way back to Monty's room, my stomach growled. Chica stopped, looking down at me.

"Ooh! Ooh! Food time!"

She grabbed me, tucking me under her arm and running off.

Jeez, you're strong...

"C-Chica, I'm supposed to get back to Monty's room!"

"Now, (y/n), food is important! I'm pretty sure humans die if they don't eat or something!"

I deadpanned. She was technically right, but this was a little extreme.

She brought me to a little cafe I had seen a few times while cleaning. It always smelled like baked goods when I would walk by, but I hadn't had a chance to try it out.

She set me down, disappearing into the back for a few minutes, then returning with a plate.

She put it in front of me and sat across from me at the table, a whole box of donuts in front of her.

"These are stale, but that one is still good! I warmed it up for ya!"

It was a (fav donut), with a small mug of (fav hot drink). The donut was shaped like Freddy's head, and I laughed as I studied it.

"You guys are huge on branding, huh?" I asked, taking a bite. She replied, but I couldn't understand her since she was shoveling stale donuts into her beak.

"Chica, please eat slowly or- oh, hello (y/n)"

I looked up to see Freddy standing over the table.

"Hey Freddy" I said, sipping my drink carefully.

"I thought you would be with Monty"

"He had maintenance today. (Y/n) needed a shower, and then she got hungry on the way back" Chica spoke up, momentarily taking a break from wolfing down her donuts. Freddy nodded.

"Well, I came to tell you Roxy invited us to come race"

Chica seemed to deflate at this.

"No way! She's mean when we race her!"

"I bet I could take her" I chimed in confidently. They both stared at me, and Freddy put his hand on my shoulder.

"(Y/n), I do not think you understand. Roxy becomes...aggressive. You may get hurt"

I scoffed.

"You guys have been babying me all morning. Let me have some fun while I'm here at least"

Freddy and Chica looked at each other, finally giving in and agreeing to let me race.

We left the cafe, forgetting all about my promise to Monty that I would come right back to his room.