5- Locked In

(It's not letting me add a pic for this one, oopsie 🤷🏻‍♀️ also this is gonna be a long one. Prepare for some angst!)

"Emily please I'm ex-"

"NO! You can't just walk away now, (y/n)! Not after what you did to me!"

"I said I was sorry!"

"(Y/n), this is SERIOUS!"

"WE ARE LITERALLY PLAYING MONOPOLY!"

Emily huffed, silently staring down at the board and crossing her arms.

"Em..."

"We finish the game."

"Fine!" I threw my hands in the air, "I'll make some coffee! But don't you dare touch my money! Hands off the board until I get back!"

She rolled her eyes, pouting but agreeing.

(The next day...)

After barely an hour asleep, I peeled myself out of bed to get ready for work. Little miss competitive had the day off, and I grumbled as I passed her door, hearing her peacefully snoring inside.

"Asshole." I muttered, stumbling into the bathroom for a shower.

A while later, I was out the door. I drove carefully, keeping my eyes pried open.

"Maybe I'll get all my cleaning done quickly and ask to go home early..." I yawned as I parked around back and headed inside. I went straight to the supply closet, having showed up in my uniform already, and grabbed everything I needed. I decided to save Rockstar Row for last today, and instead got to work on the rest of the staff areas I had been assigned that day.

It didn't take long, and after only about an hour and a half, I was headed to Rockstar Row. On the way, I remembered what had happened before with Monty, and suddenly I felt nervous again. But why?

Was I scared of him? No, not really.

Did I not want to be around him? No, that didn't seem right either. I didn't mind his company.

Wait...did I...have a thing for h-

"(Y/n), good morning!"

Freddy pulled me from my thoughts, and I realized I was standing in front of his door.

"Oh, hey Freddy. Morning"

He stepped aside to let me in, but looked strangely at me.

"Are you feeling alright? Should I call someone?"

"No, I'm okay. Just...a little tired and lost in thought, I guess" I said with a shrug as I began to clean up. Freddy sat in his chair and watched me for a few moments before speaking again.

"What kind of thoughts? Anything you need to talk about?"

I smiled tiredly at him.

"Nah, just sleepy brain nonsense. Oh hey, I brought you something!"

He was immediately on his feet again, nearly causing an earthquake as he stared down at me with wiggling  ears.

I reached into a shopping bag and pulled out a large 'Orange Smoothie' scented candle. His eyes sparkled with excitement as he took it and gave it a sniff.

"(Y/n), this smells delicious! I'll light it immediately!"

He carefully placed it on his vanity and lit it with the tip of his finger.

"Thank you. This will be a great relief from the smell of pizza" he said sincerely, placing a large hand on my shoulder.

"I consider you guys my friends. This is just thanks for being nice"