Chapter 42

Vince's POV

Two months of investigation and I still have no idea who the fuck is this guy. When I thought I was close to catch him, something ruins it and gets me back where I began. He had been calling Moira all this time and she build up the courage to tell me last night. Nikki Sixx is dead, but his body is nowhere to be found, just like the rest of Serafino's victims. What if he buries them somewhere? Maybe I should bring some people and look around some houses or mansions. Why do I feel like I'm missing something? Or someone? Carl has a buddy. Wait, what's his name? I know that someone told me, but... Oh shit, it's Rick. Hmm... I've never heard anyone with that name before. Speaking of buddies, what's going on with John Corabi? Does he know that Nikki's dead? Hmm... Where is he now? I should ask him some questions. But not now. I should call Heidi and ask her how Moira is at the moment.

"Hey dear, what are you doing?"
"I was about to call you too. Moira's not at home."
"What do you mean she's not there?"
"I told her I would buy something and when I came back she was nowhere to be seen. I searched everywhere. Now I'm in her house, she's not even here." I think, I know where she is.
"Calm down, I got this. Go back home and wait for me."
"I'm scared for her, Vince. Since her sister's death she became an important part for me. Tell me you have an idea where she may be."
"I got this, Heidi. Calm down and go back home. I love you."
"I love you too."

I know where you are, Moira. I just know it. You're in Nikki's house. I can feel it and tell. Okay, I'm in front of the mansion. God, it hasn't changed at all. I still remember those nighttime conversations with Nikki and his buddies. It was surreal. Is it weird to say that I kinda miss that? To be honest, the sinister Sixxter wasn't that bad person. Maybe he was just hurt inside, I mean his father abandoned him, his mother ignored him. He just tried to live his life but he took things too deep. Okay, I'm inside the house. The living room is empty. Wait, I think I hear something. The bedroom... oh Moira...
"Moira? Come with me."
"Vince, what are you doing here?"
"I came to bring you back home."
"May I take this with me?" Oh, that's a lovely picture of Nikki and Moira. Where did she know where it had been? This house is as big as the white house.
"Okay, you can take it. Anything else?"
"I'm sorry Vince. I just-"
"No, no, no. It's okay. I know you loved him." Damn, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I miss this motherfucker.
"The last time we met... he hurt me, Vince. He really did, but now he's dead and-" Oh Lord, that's messed up. Sixx was a mess, that's true, but damn...
"Shh, get up. Let's take you back home."

Moira's POV

Carl's calling me? I thought he stopped. I guess he was just busy killing people. To be honest, I still can't go back there. I can't be the person I used to be. My Stacey is gone. Nikki's gone too. If I lose Vince and Heidi, it's gonna be over for me. Those who are close to my heart are dying one by one. I can't lose Vince. WHEN IS THIS PHONE GOING TO STOP RINGING? FUCK...
"What do you want?"
"I thought you had missed me."
"To be honest, NO, I HADN'T."
"Come on, Moira, Not even a little bit?"
"WHAT DO YOU WANT?" Oh no, Vince can hear me this time.
"Calm down, Moira. You don't want to bother Vince, do you?" STOP. THAT'S ENOUGH.
"Just tell me what do you want from me?"
"That attitude is unbearable anymore. I was patient enough not to torture you. You think this is torture? YOU THINK THIS IS TOO MUCH FOR YOU? I'M GONNA MAKE YOUR LIFE A NIGHTMARE, MOIRA ADAMS. I was kind enough not to bother you in front of anyone else. You know what? I think it's time for us to meet and then you're gonna die."
"YOU CAN KILL ME RIGHT NOW IF YOU WANT, I DON'T CARE." Vince, come here please.

"Moira, give me the phone." Thank God.
"But I want to hear him too."
"Hello?"
"Ah, Vince Neil. Finally. It was a matter of time to talk with you."
"Why are you calling Moira?"
"I used to call her every night but lately I got some stuff to do."
"What do you want from her?"
"I want her to know how does it feel like to lose everything."
"Where are you? I want to talk with you in person. I got some questions."
"Come on, man. Let's talk on the phone. I'm too busy for your interrogations."
"Who are you?"
"Hah, okay. I'm Carl Serafino, an Italian serial killer. But my parents moved into this country when I was six. I love killing people. But when I met this guy called Nikki Sixx I learned the art of patience."
"When did you meet him?"
"He moved into my city and... well... the rest is history."
"You just killed him?"
"Firstly, I had to listen to his last words. Damn, he couldn't stop talking about your friend, Moira. I guess he was just like me, but I'm the crueler one. And then I got my gun."
"One day you're gonna be in jail, Serafino."
"You must find me first. Hahahaha."
"This man is too much for me, Moira. I can't stand him. If he were Nikki when he was alive, I wouldn't have hesitated to kill him." I guess it's my turn to deal with this guy.
"Vince, I want to come back in the police."
"Are you sure you're ready for this, Moira?"
"I'm done with being unhappy and I'm done with trying to kill myself. I want my life back, constable Neil."
"I've waited this moment so long, detective Adams."