Chapter 56

Vince's POV

Who could guess that Deana and Jennifer used to be best friends. But then Deana betrayed her and moved into another town. The last time Jennifer wrote in this diary was two days before the accident. Only if she knew that Nate was her friend's kid. But the thing that triggers me the most is that page:

June 23, 1960

Today I was with my best friend Deana and her sweet baby. I even told Rick to take a picture of us. I've never been this happier. Maybe when my daughter is born, she and Frankie will be best friends. Or even when they grow up they may become a couple. But who am I to force the future of my unborn child. When she arrives in this world I'll leave her decide what's best for her. Speaking of Frankie, I even held him. He's got green eyes and really cute smile. One day he may become a handsome young man who would steal girls hearts. Well, I won't be mad if he tries to steal my daughter from me. God bless him.

Note to self: make a decision on the girl's name. Options: Kate, Joanna, Moira, Stacey.

Then we have the page about Nate:

February 11, 1977

Moira is still the same depressed girl she's always been. I thought that she finally could get better. But since that night when she met that orphan Nate, it got even worse. What if she's in love with him? Or maybe her suspicious mind is working like a clockwork again? I wish I could help her. What if she's right about her suspicions? Maybe Nate is not his real name as she tried to tell me. But this boy looked somewhat pretty and strangely familiar from somewhere. He kind of looked like that Italian called Frank who used to be with Deana. Wait, is it possible this boy to be that little baby I once held in my hands? Frankie? But how could I know if that's him, I haven't spoken with Deana since 16 years. Also Frankie could never recognize me. That was so long ago. He was too little to remember faces. Well, I hope my daughter gets better soon.

Note to self: Don't forget to buy Stacey a new doll.

Maybe Moira has no idea of what's going on actually. But her mother sure was unique woman. Well, yet another mystery was revealed. Only if I knew where Moira is. Oh wait, it's daytime. Let's get back to the police and give John the phone.

"Alright man, call Nikki."
"But-"
"CALL HIM."
"Alright, alright. I'm calling..."
"Hello?" Damn I still hate this voice to this day.
"Nikki, it's John."
"John, I did it. I spent the night with her." Whaaat?
"Congratulations man. Unfortunately, I got arrested."
"You got WHAT?"
"He got arrested, Sixxter. Now it's your turn." I can't wait for his reaction.
"Well, well, well... If that ain't the one and only Vince Neil."
"The game is over, Frank Carlton Serafino Feranna Jr. Where are you?"
"Hmm, I'm in the kitchen. Hurry up, Moira is waiting for me."
"You dumb fucking son of a bitch, WHERE ARE YOU?"
"Calm down, man. I thought I was the one with the anger issues."
"Your days are counted, Sixx. I'm gonna get you and I swear to God, I'll make sure you'll never get out of prison."
"Don't you think that's too much. Only today I finally woke up with a smile on my face. I'm tired of you trying to rob me of my happiness. And by the way, don't worry about Moira. She's okay. I'm taking good care of her."
"Where the fuck are you?"
"Man, stop it. Just leave me alone so I can love Moira at last, will you?"
"I SWEAR TO GOD I'M GONNA KILL YOU... Hello? Hello?" FUCK. I'M GONNA KILL HIM.

"Vince, calm down. You've beaten him enough."
"NOT UNTIL HE SAYS WHERE ARE THEY."
"He won't tell you at all."
"AAAAH... FUCK YOU. WHERE ARE THEY, JOHN?"
"Man, I can't tell you. B-but I remembered that it was in-in Van Nuys, Valley Vista Blvd."
"Calm down, Vince. We're gonna talk with the police in Van Nuys for permission to investigate."
"IT'S GONNA TAKE MONTHS."
"Hey, I have something to tell you. Don't hit me."
"WHAT?"
"There is a telegraph hidden in Nikki's closet. If Moira knows the Morse code, she can send you a message if she needs help."
"Inspector Mars, do we have a telegraph?"
"I always keep it in my office, Vince."
"Does Moira know how to send a message?"
"Yes, she does."
"AND YOU, BACK TO YOUR PRISON CELL."

"Hey, at least there's still hope."
"Mick, he said she was waiting for him."
"I know, I know."
"I'm scared, Mick. I'm losing her."
"No, you're not. When she finds out about this conversation she's gonna get back to reality and then she'll contact us through the telegraph."
"Are you sure man?"
"Yes, I am sure."
"I'll kill him. I'll fucking annihilate this fucker."
"Hey, at least he loves her. He said he's taking care of her."
"He's lying."
"What if he's not lying?"
"I don't trust him."
"You know what, go back home to get some extra sleep. Your eyes seem swallowed."
"Mick, tell me she's okay."
"She is fine. I'm sure."
"How are you so calm about it?"
"I know Moira since she was a child. She's not giving up that easy. I know it."
"Maybe I'm exhausted."
"Yes you are. And you did a great job. You deserve some sleep."
"Do you think so?"
"Of course."
"Thank you, sir."