Prolouge

It was a normal day for young Gabriella. She went with her mom to work, as usual.

Ever since her father had gotten sick and left her and her half-sister, her mother had to do something to keep Gabbi and herself alive. Even if that meant working for the government she hated.

On this particular day, Gabbi was needed.
"We just need to see if she's immune" one of Gabbis-mothers colleagues said to her. The mother sighed.
"If she's not, can I still keep her?" She pleaded. Even though the fellow doctor knew it wouldn't be a possibility, she nodded. It was the best way to make her cooperate. The doctor grabbed Gabbi, who was so confused. They went into a room with many machines, and a singular bed against the wall. A hospital bed. The doctor placed Gabbi on the bed, and started to draw blood. A screen across the room read:
"Gabriella Britian Agnes" and said some other words that Gabbi couldn't make out. Something about either being immune or not.

And just like that it was over.
The doctor, who's name tag read Dr. Paige, sighed, and took Gabbi back to the room.
"We need her," Dr. Paige stated. No emotion in her voice showed. The mother started to say something, asking questions, but Gabbi couldn't hear.
"Iiimmm sleeepy," she said, dragging out the words. Dr. Paige looked to her.
"Bloodwork will do that to you. Now take a good nap sweetheart, you deserve it," Dr. Paige said, and smiled a sweet smile. She picked up the child, and cradled her in her arms. Gabbi drifted off the sleep as the two adults argued.

But before she did, Dr. Paige held something in her hand, holding it upright.

Gabbi jolted in her sleep as the sound of a gunshot rang out.

(By Gabbi)