9.Pull Yourself Together

The drizzling city streets were hectic with foot traffic today, but not with its usual population but with squadrons of Ditto's scowering back alleys and stores in search of the now missing Kimihito... A Ditto erupted from a dumpster.

Ditto27: Where is he?!

Ditto31: If we knew that you- we wouldn't be a dumpster genius! -And really a dumpster? The racoons tip you off?

As the many Splixons panned out they all began cope differently, expressing a range of emotions as the search dragged on. Some became panicked, some worried or lost urgency and most grew mad with little succession. Doppel looked on from above with concern.

Doppel: Not good...

Another Ditto hits his fist against the wall as the others recoil their knuckle's.

Ditto25: *Teeth Grit* Dammit...

At the scene of the kidnapping where barriers had been set up around the crime scene, a few agents worriedly looked at a muttering Ditto off to the side of the scene.

Ditto2: *Shakily* Dammit all.

The third Ditto spoke up with a defeat in his voice...

Ditto3: You look so down. What'd you call yourself again, Mr hero~

The third Ditto's spiteful comment earned a raised eyebrow from the other.

Ditto2: Are we self-deprecating now, idiot?

Ditto3: Ouch self burn.

Ditto2:     Keep joking like that, it's what we do isn't it? Make everything a laugh and we'll manage...

Ditto3: -Except for the part where we didn't and we choked.

Ditto2: It was his fault it turned out like this. He had a death wish.

Ditto3: You're blaming the lover boy for gettin' caught? Do you really need me to say it?

Ditto2: Reeaally hoping you do...

Ditto3: Superhero 101, civilians come first!

Ditto2: YEAH WELL THAT'S THE PROBLEM! I put his safety first and still lost him! What Kinda point are you tryna' hammer home? 'It's okay WE didn't kill him. At least we stuck to the rules.' WE LOST EITHER WAY! And you- YOU KNOW THAT!

*THWACK*

The second Ditto clocked the third and they both fell backwards with  grunt, as did all the others in the city. The two laid down without bothering to get up.

Footprints could be heard approaching them as Doppel and the first Ditto arrived on scene. The shapeshifter whispered something in the first's ear as he rubbed his head and walked up to them. 2 and 3 both sat up and Ditto 1 pulled them into a hug.

Ditto1: Thanks... for getting that out of our system. I know we suck airing out the mess in our heads, but it's alright now. I got this.

The aggravated pair began to relax, either unclenching their fists or wiping their teary face as they merged back with the original along with the rest eventually. Ditto took a steady breath and turned to Doppel.

Ditto: Thanks, that wasn't the best move.

Doppel: Yeah well... Smith said you weren't gettin' anything done like that. I saw how agro you were when you woke up.

Ditto remembered rushing out of an unfamiliar bed and finding a heartbroken Lamia and MON waiting in the living room of the hosts house. Miia's eyes were almost as red as her scales from crying, he felt unforgivable, leaving without waiting around to see how she'd look at him after this indisputable screw up. He didn't care to find out how the others were taking it...