Aftermath

I screamed and woke up, taking in my surroundings. Mayu ran in, frantic. “Are you okay!?” I nodded and looked around, breathless.

“Bad dream…”

She nodded and checked my bandages. “I need to change them.” I nodded and fell into a restless sleep while she changed my bandages. I awoke the next morning to the smell of breakfast.

“How are you feeling?” Khota asked as I say down at the table.

“I’m pretty dizzy. Has Nyu come home yet?” He nodded and I saw a figure in the doorway and was soon tackled by the figure.

Nyu was crying. “I sorry! Desi, I sorry!” I chuckled and hugged her.

“It’s okay Nyu, Let’s eat.”

She smiled and sat next to me. Yuka and Khota were strict and saying that I couldn’t do anything but rest. The rest of the day I was laid up in bed, trying to remember anything about my past or about that dream I had had.

I heard a knock at my door and Nyu stepped in. Her face seemed harder though, less girlish. “Hi Desi.”

I blinked. “Hi Lucy.”

“Can I sit?

I nodded and she sat, across from me. We stared blankly at each other and she sighed.

“I wanted to apologize for last night. It’s just I saw you with that man and I lost it.” Her eyes caught mine, holding me hostage. “I don’t know how you feel about him, Desi, but he’s no good for you. You need to steer clear of him.”

I blinked. “Why?”

She sighed. “It’s a lot but you used to know him, he’s hurt you. He’s why you can’t remember anything.”

I blushed and felt a deep ache inside of me. “But...he promised he would never hurt me.” She nodded and pulled me into her arms. “He promised, Lucy!”

She smoothed my hair as I began to cry. “It’s okay, Hun. He can’t hurt you anymore. Everyone is here to protect you.”

I nodded and turned and wiped my eyes clean. “You knew me before?” She nodded. I hugged my knees to my chest. “Can you tell me more about myself?” She nodded.