1.24

Skipping class was not a good way to start my college career, which is why I returned back to campus after meeting with Eli

Did I wish I could've stayed wrapped up in Matthew's arms for the rest of my life? Yes.

Too bad there wasn't a college course titled 'Sex-Ed with Matthew Thornberry'. I would've aced it with flying colors.

My best friend and official relationship stalker, Phoebe, had texted me for my location, so it was no surprise that as I walked through the lobby of my dorm building, she was there with my best guy friends in the world to offer me a shoulder to cry on--if I needed it.

Even Dorian was there despite our 'falling out', if you can even call it that.

"You doing okay, hun?"

I accepted Phoebe's cherry scented hug immediately, her copper strands whacking me in the face as they coiled out of her long ponytail but I didn't care; I just wanted her comfort.

"I'm okay. Definitely wanted to go do something totally stupid, but I went to..."

I was about to say that I had gone to Matthew's instead and done something incredibly hot instead of stupid, but I didn't want to rub it in Dorian's face that I was clearly happy with someone else, even as his upturned mouth tried to convey that he was happy to see me, but I saw through it, and the shadows underneath his eyes, as well as the stubble that coated his jaw which he usually kept freshly shaved.

Lan and Zeke were next, scooping me up in a twin bear hug that had tears pricking in my eyes, half from their inexplicable scent of body odor mixed with what had to be the Axe Body Spray and deodorant combo, and half from the sentiment that they cared this much about me.

Dorian was last, the hug folding me against him tighter than the others.

"I'm sorry. I'm so fucking sorry for how I reacted. I'm stupid. You can punch me if you want," he whispered roughly against my ear, his mouth smooshed against the hair there and making out words that seemed to only be for me to hear.

I couldn't help the laugh that slipped from me at his words.

"There will be no punching going on, at least not from me, anytime soon."

I really hoped I didn't have to eat those words.

He pulled away and I could've sworn I saw silver lining his eyes, but it was gone in a blink.

"Don't worry about it, Dory. No hard feelings?"

Relief shone through his features, and just like that, we were back to normal.

Gossiping over the students, them telling me everything everyone had been saying, new rumors about me and my family, etc. etc.

It was almost too overwhelming to take in, but with Phoebe beside me holding my hand and Zeke and Lan giving me encouraging smiles...even Dorian was making me feel more at ease at school.