> four

"It's nice to meet you," Jo said, shaking Luke's hand, though her gaze trailed over to Willie

"It's nice to meet you," Jo said, shaking Luke's hand, though her gaze trailed over to Willie. "Can I steal you for a sec?"

Caleb reappeared with Lina, halting whatever she was going to speak to Willie about for the time being. All three of the new ghosts jumped at his sudden presence, Willie and Jo unfazed as it was one of his consistencies.

"Hello boys. Caleb Covington," he introduced himself. "And of course, you've met my daughter, Catalina, and her good friend, Josie. Welcome to the Hollywood Ghost Club. Enjoying the show?"

Luke stuttered out half-sentences to express the impressiveness of what he just witnessed as Caleb just chuckled. "I know, right," Lina giggled. "Dad, this is Alex, Reggie, and this must be Luke, though we haven't formally met."

"Pleasure," Luke said with a playful salute.

"The pleasure is ours," Caleb said. "Nothing warms my heart more than sharing this magic with new friends. Please, sit, sit!" More chairs were quickly pushed around the table for Caleb, beside Luke, Lina, between Caleb and Alex, and Jo, between Luke and Reggie.

"Uh, thank you for the invite," Alex said as Jo once again tried to catch Willie's eye while he purposefully avoided her gaze.

"Of course! Now my friend Willie tells me that you boys have some magic of your own."

Alex hesitated, then cleared his throat, looking between Caleb and Willie. "Well... Willie and I? I mean, I wouldn't really call it magic, but I mean..."

"Babe, he means your ghost abilities," Jo corrected, cracking a smile.

Willie set a hand on his shoulder. "Like, to be seen by everybody when you play with Julie."

The table fell silent for a moment as Luke and Reggie stared at a speechless Alex. "Right. Totally. No 'cause when you said it, I was like 'Is that what he said?' 'Cause-"

"Yeah, but we can't really wave our arms and do all this magic stuff," Luke took over, realizing Alex wouldn't be getting anywhere after that wave of embarrassment.

"Well, I've had some practice," Caleb excused, glancing at Jo unconsciously. "Our gifts are so rare, so special. It's not often I come across other spirits who possess similar talents. It's no surprise we found each other. Now, if you don't mind fellas, I gotta go pay the bills, if you know what I mean. I'll be back later to chat. I hope Lina and Josie can keep you company until then."

Reggie chuckled lightly. "You mean Jo?"

Caleb's gaze turned ice cold as his eyes landed on Jo. "What did I tell you about this subject?"

Jo pushed her hair back from her face and looked up at him, burying her nerves. "Josie's better for my brand. And for the Hollywood Ghost Club's brand."

"That's right," he nodded, tone devoid of it's previous optimism for only that moment longer before it returned. "Boys, please make yourselves at home."