> eleven

Jo and Willie popped back up in front of the Orpheum just in time to see the three bandmates get shocked by another of Caleb's jolts

Jo and Willie popped back up in front of the Orpheum just in time to see the three bandmates get shocked by another of Caleb's jolts. "Hey, are you guys okay?" Willie asked immediately.

    Jo stepped forward and took Reggie's hand in hers as they recovered from the pain. "Yeah," Alex replied. "Yeah, it's nothing we haven't felt before. How'd it go?"

    "Well, when that opening band wakes up, they're gonna find their bus two hundred miles outside of Vegas," he said excitedly, showing off the jacket he'd swiped from the tour bus. "With no chance of getting back in time."

    He and Luke slapped their hands together as Jo held up an olive green t-shirt with the same design to her chest. "Cute, right?"

    "Adorable," Reggie laughed.

    "And that means there's probably a promoter upstairs right about now freaking out," Luke said.

    "Nah, this is Hollywood, man. I'm sure he's being very professional," Willie said.

    Alex stepped forward anxiously and Jo immediately grabbed both of the other boys' hands and pulled them aside. "Good luck tonight, you guys," Jo told them quietly.

    "Good luck? What do you mean?" Reggie said.

    "Seriously, Jo, did you think we'd just go on without you?" Luke chuckled.

    Jo caught Willie's eye over the boys' shoulder. He nodded and skated off down the street. This time, Alex pulled Luke away from their conversation. Reggie looked between Jo and his friends anxiously. "Jo, please. This isn't goodbye. What are you doing?"

    "Reg, I never should have done this in the first place. It was fun while it lasted, but... I've been risking my not-quite-life every single time I've even spoken to you guys. I appreciate everything you've done for me, okay? But this... this is where it ends-"

    Jo was cut off when Reggie pulled her into a hug. She melted into his arms and memorized the warm and fuzzy feeling it gave her. She turned her head to the side and pressed a kiss to his cheek.

    She laughed lightly when they finally pulled apart. "I'll see you on the other side, okay?"

    "Jo... I-"

    "Don't," she whispered, forcing a smile though tears welled in her eyes. "I'll see you boys around."

    Luke threw an arm around Reggie's shoulder while Alex stepped up on the boy's other side, hands going to his pockets. "We'll see you around, Jo," Luke said.

    She finally pulled her hands back from Reggie's. "Goodbye."

"