> twelve

"And where is it that you think you're going?" Caleb said as he appeared on the piano behind them, his hand locked around Jo's arm

"And where is it that you think you're going?" Caleb said as he appeared on the piano behind them, his hand locked around Jo's arm. She was in a long sleeved, green dress with laces up the center. It looked tight and suffocating and red was growing around the choker wrapped around her neck.

    "What are you doing here?" Luke asked angrily.

    "And let go of Jo!" Reggie added.

    Caleb gasped dramatically. "Such hostility. I'm just here to congratulate you on your big night." He chuckled lightly and pulled Jo closer. "I mean, not everyone gets to play the Orpheum."

    "No! Okay, we know that it's your stamp that's hurting us!" Luke said.

    Caleb hummed and looked at Jo. All of them could see the fear in her eyes. "She didn't tell us! She- She kept it from us! And we hate her for it!" Reggie quickly made up.

    Jo didn't let her scared gaze waver from Caleb, scared he'd see a different emotion in her eyes if she looked at Reggie. "We already told you," Luke picked back up, trying to take the attention away from Jo. "We have a band. We don't wanna join your little club."

    "Yeah. And you can't make us either!" Alex yelled.

    Caleb clicked his tongue. "Right. You're crossing over tonight. So exciting! Funny thing about the cross over, no one really knows what's waiting on the other side. Isn't that right, Josie? Why, that's why you agreed to join the club in the first place."

    Jo forced a smile and nodded, like she was still Caleb's little salesperson, convincing the boys that the club wasn't so bad. "That's right. The Hollywood Ghost Club saved me."

    Caleb finally let the grip on Jo's arm go and patted her cheek. "Exactly." She held the spot on her arm where she was sure a bruise was growing and finally chanced a glance over at the boys. "But I know what's happening on this side." He blew a kiss at them, whisking them off to the club, then hopped down from the piano and offered his arm to Jo. She took it and they poofed out of the garage as Caleb laughed maniacally.

The boys appeared backstage at the club in extravagant suits

The boys appeared backstage at the club in extravagant suits. Pink for Alex, blue for Luke, and red for Reggie. "Well, don't you look nice," Caleb muttered as he fixed the cuff link of his own purple suit.