02

Wanda had been pacing around her room for the past hour. She was trying to find the courage to leave her room and ask for a favour.

Today she had woken up much earlier than usual, so not to disturb anyone, she just turned on her TV and watched whatever was playing. Everything was going normal, until she saw an ad for a store called Target. They were having a sale and when she saw everything the store had, she wanted to go and visit.

The thing is, she didn't know who to take. There were a few people at the compound and she wasn't sure who to ask.

She would've asked Steve but he probably didn't know about that store either, and even if he did, she wasn't too keen on listening to him talk about his past.

Sam, he was nice and friendly towards her, but he was recently very busy with a mission he didn't want to share with her.

She had no idea where Bruce currently was and Tony probably would send someone to Target if she asked him to go. She knew who was left, but she didn't want to be a bother.

Of course she remembered that Natasha had told her she could ask for help and ask to be taken anywhere, but she still didn't want to bother her. What if she had something important to do or if she had to leave and abandon Wanda there?

After all of this overthinking, Wanda decided it would be best to go alone. She could just get dressed, have some breakfast and ask Friday for directions.

"Yeah, I'll just go alone." Wanda repeated out loud before opening her bedroom door.

As soon as she opened it, she heard the door right next to her room open too. She looked to her right and saw Natasha leave her own bedroom. Her bright long red hair was put up in a high ponytail, she was wearing a tight black tank top and blue jean shorts.

"Oh hi Wanda." Natasha said, sending her a smile before walking off.

Wanda's eyes trailed after her, and before she knew it, she was following her, trying to catch up. She stretched her hand and grabbed Natasha's forearm, stopping the red head on her tracks and making her look back at her.

"Hi." Wanda said, not sure what to say. She had no idea why she had even stopped Natasha.

"Hi." Natasha said, a smile on her face as she waited for her to say something. "Everything okay?"

"Target." Wanda randomly said, her cheeks immediately going red as she realised what she did.

"What?" Natasha looked confused, turning her body completely in Wanda's direction.

"Target. It's a store right?" Wanda asked, still not sure what to say.

"Oh. Yeah it is, what about it?" Natasha asked curious.

"Do you, uhm, remember that thing you said a few days ago?" Wanda questioned her, a bit embarrassed to even say all of this.

Natasha was a very observant person, it didn't take her long to be able to read someone, especially Wanda who seemed to be very open around her. She noticed her red cheeks, the small smile, she noticed.

"You're talking about the tour of New York City that I told you I would take you on. Of course I remember, how could I forget?" Natasha said, trying to ease the brunette's mind. "Where do you want to go?"

"Target. I want to go to Target." Wanda said. "I know it sounds dumb but I've never gone to Target and there weren't big stores like that in Sokovia." She suddenly started rambling, trying to defend her choice.

"Hey, don't worry. It's not dumb. I'll take you to Target." Natasha said, making Wanda excited.

The brunette looked down, and that's when she realised she was still holding Natasha's arm. Natasha followed her eyes, and the two just stared at Wanda's hand wrapped around Natasha's arm. Suddenly, Wanda quickly removed her hand away, backing away a little bit, not too sure why she was so embarrassed.