04

Natasha was 30 years old. Although she had never been in a relationship or fallen in love, she's had crushes before. She knows the feeling of looking at someone and feeling pure joy. She's also had her fair share of one night stands and hookups, but she's never been able to get flustered, not since she was a little girl.

Not until now.

What Steve had said to her, had messed with her head. She hadn't realised that she was growing that attached to Wanda. Of course she knew they spent an unusual amount of time together, but she didn't think of it like that.

And now all Natasha does is overthink every single one of her actions. And although the brunette wasn't aware of it, she had a hold over Natasha that no one ever had.

The team would meet to have dinner, and the second Wanda looked like she didn't like it, Natasha would stand up and make her a new meal.

Wanda refused to train with anyone else, and the day that Natasha was busy, Wanda got so sad that they couldn't train together that the red head cancelled her plans and trained with her.

Natasha was wrapped around Wanda's finger, and she didn't know how to feel about it.

She looked outside the window, coffee mug in her hand as she processed her thoughts.

"Ms. Romanoff." Friday suddenly says.

"Yes?"

"Ms. Maximoff is calling for you." The robot says.

Natasha sighs, she desperately needs some time alone to think.

"Can you tell her that I am busy?" Natasha pleads.

"Well, ma'am, she isn't calling for you to go there, she is crying your name."

Natasha's head turned quickly looking at the celling as if that would let her see the robot.

"Where is she?"

"Training room."

And Natasha runs. She wasn't sure what Wanda could be crying about, but she needed to make sure she was okay. It pained her to know that something could be happening to Wanda and that the first thing she did, was call for her.

As she reaches the room, she can hear the cries and broken sobs. She opens the door and looks inside, finding Wanda on the floor. She was sat, her hands clutching her foot, tears streaming down her face.

The girl looks up and only cries harder.

"Nat." She says in between sobs.

Natasha rushes to her and kneels in front of her, placing one hand on her knee and the other one on the nape of her neck.

"Wanda, what's wrong?" Natasha asks worried.

"I-I'm so so-sorry." Wanda manages to say. "I can't do this. I-I can't."

"Baby, what can't you do?" Natasha says, letting slip out the pet name. Wanda looks up at her, staring straight into her eyes.

"I hurt my foot." Wanda says before breaking out in sobs again.

Natasha does her best not to coo, the girl in front of her looks extremely adorable, the pout on her lips as she huffs over the situation.

"How did you hurt your foot?" Natasha asks endeared.

"I was trying to do that cool move you showed me once, but when I hit my foot on the bag, I heard it crack, and now it hurts." Wanda explains, letting go of her foot and showing it to Natasha, a big bruise already forming.

"Why didn't you call for me? Friday had to tell me you were crying for me." Natasha says, massaging Wanda's foot.

"Friday is a snitch." Wanda huffs, a laugh spilling out of Natasha. "I didn't want to bother." She murmurs.