THIRTY

[TW: for the rest of this story, there will be suicidal thoughts, self harm, etc.]

LOGAN

Logan stretched his cramped legs when he heard his phone pinging on the other side of the room. He always had everyone but his siblings (and since the roofie incident, Andy) on Do Not Disturb. Out of those four people, Elijah was out of commission, Olivia had already gone to bed and had no reason to text him from her room, and he was pretty sure Andy would never send so many messages in a row.

He hoped Blake was only sending him his stupid cat videos. Logan was still trying to study for his math test and there was no way he could drive the two hours to Blake's dorm and help him if he had set the house on fire or fallen down drunk and needed a ride.

He stood up and yawned, stretching his back like a cat and shaking out the sleep from his limbs. He took his phone from the charger and saw that it was, in fact, Blake.

Logan waited with bated breath, a train wreck of thoughts crowding his mind, one horrible thing after another

Did he have a run in with the Sons of Solomon?

Was he in the police station?

Did he take something and was drugged up and couldn't talk?

Blake's goofy face flashed on the screen and Logan pressed his finger down to accept the call on the first ring.

"Logan-" Blake's tight, barely controlled voice came through the phone. The room was dark behind him, casting shadows on Blake's face so Logan couldn't see him properly.

"Are you okay? Why are you whispering? What's wrong?"

Blake lowered his voice even more. Logan had to turn his volume all the way up.

"Um - Andy just told me - I don't get it - what if he - it was like - and I almost -"

Logan was so terrified he couldn't think straight, and Blake's half-assed answer was only making his anxiety skyrocket. "Blake, what the fuck are you saying?" he demanded.

"Andy told me to kiss him!" Blake whisper-yelled.

It took Logan a few seconds to process those words.

Kiss him? Kiss him? That was what Blake had scared him half to death about?

"Are you fucking kidding me?"

"Logan, what do I do!" Blake wailed, returning to his normal volume. "I don't know what's going on! What does he mean?"

Logan was still trying to take deep breaths to calm his heart back down. He could hardly understand what was going on through the roar in his ears.

He set his phone on the floor and massaged his eyebrows with his fingers as Blake ranted about what had happened. Logan tried to follow along as best he could, but he still didn't get why Blake hadn't just kissed him given the offer.