GoodByes

"Hey, Y/n are you ready?" Jackie asks.

Her head poking into my bedroom, I can tell she's been pretty emotional. I feel awful leaving Jackie behind, but obviously I have to go to university and as much as I wish she could come, it's not my fault she's a year younger. 

"Yeah! Sorry, I was just... never mind," I smile gently, closing my notebook. 

She holds out her hand and I take it. We head out towards the vista cruiser and find the rest of the gang leaning against the car waiting. 

"Are you guys sure we shouldn't be taking my car? It has way more room," Steven says patting his car.

"We aren't doing this for comfort, we're doing it for sentimental purposes," Eric sighs. 

"Eric you sound like a wimp," Kelso grins.

"Shut up Kelso," Donna says smacking him.

"Fine if you guys really don't want to-" Eric starts,

"No, obviously we want to, we're just giving you a hard time!" I laugh.

"One more cruise! For old times sake," Fez smiles. 

I smile at him and nod. 

Jackie, Donna, and Eric squeeze into the front while Kelso, Fez, and Steven shuffle into the back. I slip into Steven's lap and he wraps his arms around my waist. We all sit for a second, quietly. This was all so familiar. The seating arrangement, Kelso and Fez trying not to touch each other, Donna and Jackie in the front, ignoring Eric... I put my hands on Steven's and squeeze. 

Everyone was going to be heading off to college, or university, or in Kelso and Jackie's case, another year of high school. 

"Everyone ready?" Eric asks. 

No one answers. 

He starts the car and Kelso and Fez immediately start bickering among themselves. Donna and Jackie start chatting, and I smile softly leaning back against Steven. 

"You know Pretty Eyes, just because we're all heading different ways doesn't mean we won't see them anymore," He whispers against my ear. 

I nod and let out a small sigh, "Everything is going to be so different." 

Steven kisses my hair and squeezes me a little tighter, "Not everything."

I laugh and nod, "True, not everything."

Eric parks outside the Hub and we all get out. Kelso and Fez smack each other a few more times before opening the door and meandering towards our usual table. Donna and Jackie catch up to me to fill me in on what they were talking about, and Eric and Steven put their arms on each other's shoulders. 

"We have to call each other every week, if not multiple times," Jackie says, placing her hands on the table, mater of factly. 

"Of course, who else will I tell about all the hot college boys?" Donna grins. 

Eric looks exasperated and she laughs and pats him on the back. 

"I'm kidding Eric."

"Well I'm not! Set me up while you're there," Jackie grins. 

"What about Terry?" I ask.