I Do

Nerves bubble up in my stomach as I stare in the mirror. My face is flush and my head is racing- today was finally the day. 

Donna finished tying the corset and placed her head on my shoulder gently, "you look stunning, Y/n."

I smile and turn, hugging her tightly, "thank you, Donna."

Jackie grins and kicks her legs impatiently as she sits on the bed, "you're definitely in my top three most beautiful brides. That will probably change when I get married, but I promise you'll always be top ten!" 

I chuckle and shake my head, "Thank you, Jackie, that means a lot to me." 

Mom walks in, adjusting her corsage and looks up to see me. 

"Oh! Oh my gosh, Y/n you are absolutely stunning," she says. 

I can tell she's choking up and she jumps slightly before running over to hug me. I hug her back and grin. 

"I can't believe my baby is getting married!" She sobs. 

I smile and kiss her cheek, "I can't believe Laurie got married before me!" I reply.

Kitty rolls her eyes and chortles, "She and Fez were only doing it for the green card, and besides they've been divorced for a year now." 

I grin and nod, "Ah but the stain will always be there." 

Dad comes in and stops in the doorway. 

"Oh, honey, you look stunning," he says quietly. I can tell he is getting emotional too, but I don't press him about it. Emotions are difficult for him to process. 

"Thank you, daddy," I say, tears gathering in my eyes. 

I couldn't believe I was actually getting married today. Obviously I could believe it to an extent, the money is now paid, my dress is altered to my body, Steven and I have been engaged for a year, and yet it still feels surreal. 

I hear music begin and Jackie and Donna excitedly go to find the others to start walking down the aisle. Dad extends his arm towards me and I take it. Mom takes my other arm and I feel a sense of warmth in my chest. Tears begin to make their way out of my eyes and the nerves continue to build. 

I have my family with me, the people who raised, loved, and supported me my whole life. And they are going to witness me marrying the love of my life! Someone who will continue to grow, love and support me the rest of my life. I let out a shaky breath and mom and dad guide me out of the room towards the wedding hall. 

I watch as the last bridesmaid and groomsman arrive at the altar. My mom and dad look at me and I smile at both of them. We begin heading down the aisle. 

I see Steven standing at the altar and once again my tears return. He looks so... happy. He's full of pride and it shows, his cheeks are slightly red and I can tell he's getting emotional watching me come down the aisle. 

Steven's POV

I watch as Y/n walks towards me. She looks stunning, and I try to contain myself as I watch my future wife approach.

God can this be any slower? I just want to be married already. 

Finally when it feels like it will never end, she's here. I take her hands in mine and bring them to my lips.