Red Gets a Job

A/n sorry this update took so so long!! Also, some Jackie/ Kelso dialogue sounds fake in the beginning, but it's actually form the show so don't come for me

"Where is the food?" Fez asks as Kelso rummages through our fridge.

"Foremans, you should give your fridge to someone that has food," Fez explains, motioning to the fridge.

"Look at this," Kelso says, clearly disgusted, "Hamburger helper, tuna helper, a can of beets? Oh, gross. I will not eat a darn beet!""You don't need to-" I begin to say.

"You know what, your dad better get a job and soon, because I'm starving here!" Kelso interrupts me.

"I'll tell him you said that," Eric says, sarcastically.

"Michael, it's not polite to remind poor people that they're po..." Jackie trails off, looking at Eric and I, realizing what she just said.

I roll my eyes, "Jackie, we're not poor. You're just disgustingly rich."

Jackie crosses her arms, "No, I'm not."

"Jackie, there's nothing to be ashamed of, you're just taking advantage of the American economy, and looking down on the people that are working twice as hard for half the reward," I tell her, raising my eyebrows.

Now, I like Jackie. I think that she tries hard and that she can be funny sometimes, but I couldn't stand the ignorance of her own wealth and status.

Granted, I felt for Jackie too. Her naivete was the reason that she was still with Kelso. Jackie had figured out that Kelso was cheating on her, and she stayed with him. I had tried to convince Jackie to leave, but she refused to comply. Jackie decided that she could change Kelso, but I knew it wasn't true. Since that argument, she had been a bit more distant towards me.

"Look, we're just on a budget is all," Eric interjects.

"Well, it sure is one hell of a tiny budget," Fez laughs.

"Fez, if your exchange family kicked you out, you would be homeless in a foreign country with no money. I'd watch what you say to those who could help you," I warn him.

Fez stops laughing, and realizes that I was more upset than he had originally thought.

"That's not funny, that's sad." Fez says, crossing his arms.

"Here, Kelso, try that." Donna says, handing Kelso a box of green jello mix. 

"Alright, green Jello! Hey, Jackie, try some, I heard green stuff makes you horny." 

"Michael that only works with green m&ms! Duh!" Jackie says, clearly frustrated with him.

"Nuh uh! It's everything green! Right Donna?" Kelso says, trying hard to get backed up on this.

"Actually Kelso, you know what really makes you horny?  Beets," Donna says, holding out a can of beets.