CHAPTER FOUR - YOUR MINE

NEW YORK

The butterflies in your stomach somersault and your heart flutters as you look at him. Those broad shoulders, thick muscles, handsome smile. You can't help but smile at him as he leads you out of the restaurant, holds the door, puts an arm around you. Standing outside on the steps in front of the restaurant, the sun is setting over the landscape of Manhattan. It's like a postcard. Steve wraps his arms around you, his legs straddling your stance. "What're you doing next?" He asks.

It feel so safe yet so sexy to be standing there in public, wrapped in Steve Rogers. "Hanging out with you more?" you tease.

"Good answer" he replies, mirroring your grin. His blue eyes are so beautiful.

"Wanna head to my place? I think some friends might stop by if you're up to hanging out and meeting some people." You nod and Steve reaches for your hand, clasping your fingers between his strong, long fingers. Hmmm...'Friends' may stop by, you think to yourself. Steve hails a cab and you're off to Brooklyn.

In the backseat of the car Steve puts his arm around you, and you sink back against him. Smiling like a smitten girl crushing on a movie star.

"What're you so happy about?" He says with a grin. You shyly look up into his eyes.

"You" completely seriously. He smiles, then leans down and kisses you softly. Just his soft lips with yours, no tongue. Sweet and tender, kind and romantic. His lips linger on yours, teasing, not letting go. As you part, you lean your head against his strong shoulder. You feel yourself literally attracted to him, like a magnet, like your body has a mind of its own and should be up against his, as close as you can be. An energy that tingles from your lips to your limbs and makes your heart beat quicken. You want him bad. You sigh deeply and bite your lip, which prompts Steve to hum under his breath almost like a warning, as he brushes his thumb across your lip releasing it from your teeth. He clears his throat and reaches for your hand, rubbing his thumb across your palm. The back and forth motion of his thumb makes you wonder what it'd feel like for him to do that farther south. You try to focus on the buildings that blur by out the window, rather than the lust. The backseat of this cab is filling with sexual tension. It's probably a good thing when the cab comes to a stop. Steve pays the driver and then helps you out.

You've arrived at a tall, red brick apartment building. Steve leads you up the stairs and ushers you into his place. A large open living room and kitchen, leading to a nice deck. Decorated tastefully- simple white dishes in the kitchen, a classic bar table and chairs, no tv. Multiple bookshelves and a desk with a laptop and art supplies. Big leather couch. Bedroom down the hall, door halfway closed so you can't see much.

"I like your place" you remark as you set your purse on the counter. Steve smiles and offers you a drink, which you accept. You look around more closely as he goes to the kitchen. There's no pictures, but a few pieces of amazing artwork on the living room walls.

"I painted those", he mentions shyly as comes back into the room and hands you a glass. "Really?! They're amazing"
"Yeah, I like to paint and draw, it helps me stay grounded" Just then his door intercom buzzed. Steve smiles and looks at you over his broad shoulder as he goes to the door. He laughs and says "Brace yourself, cuz this is gonna be interesting."

The door slams open and in walks Tony Stark with Pepper Potts on one arm and an expensive looking bottle of vodka in the other. "What's up Cap? Finally ready to show us your pad? Mine is cooler and bigger and better, but we should party everywhere." Steve hesitantly bumps fists with Tony, and then they turn and look at you. Before anyone can say anything, Jane Foster pushes the half ajar door open with her foot as she carries in 3 bottles of wine. Thor is behind her carrying 5 cases of beer, loudly saying something about alcohol potency. The rest of the Avengers follow, laughing at some inside joke. Everyone stops in the foyer, talk and shuffling and laughing stop as they notice you. Slow smiles spread across their faces. Bruce looks back and forth between you and Steve, the last to realize what was up.