prologue

"I love you." He whispered, voice threatening to break, eyes watering.

"I'm sorry" she breathes through teary eyes, turning away from him.

He grasps onto her wrist. "No no no! Please don't do this! You can't leave me." His voice quivers as tears threaten to spill out.

"Maybe she'll change her mind please you can't leave me! Don't leave me! Please!" He rambles and pleads as the tears he tried so hard to hold back, finally flow down his porcelain cheeks.

"I have no choice..." she cups his face, swiping his tears with her thumb as he leans into her touch.

"I made a mistake chim." She gives a weak smile as her own tears tumble down her face. "Now I have to pay the price."

✥┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈✥

~ Many many years later ~

Jimin watches as another one of his humans pass from old age, feeling content that he served yet another pure soul. Happy that he got to guide them until they grew old.

Many angels think of their guidance as a job, something to feel miserable about. Just another thing to work on.

Not Jimin.

He finds peace in helping people find their way. Making sure they live a life happy and without regrets.

A life full of love.

Now that he finished serving that human, he goes off to get assigned to another.

"Who's next for me Joon?" He asks his friend, who is like the secretary of heaven. He keeps track of the list of certain angels humans.

"Kim Y/n, you'll be getting her tomorrow." He pauses, rereading the name once more. "Hey this is my humans sister!" The angel Namjoon exclaims. "She's a bit of a non believer, she'll be tricky too. She's quite the..." his voice trails off before letting out a chuckle. "Troublemaker." he finishes.

Jimin smiles at his friend and transfers his attention to his orb as the colors shift, indicating the switch in his recipients.

Waves of deep purple and indigo swirl together as images of his former human fade. A dusty pink hue takes over the orb as shades of orange and yellow swirl around.

Jimin waits patiently as the swirl of colors slowly fade away, clearing the orb to reveal his new human.

When he sees her face, his skin turns pale and his jaw drops.

As if he's seen a ghost.

"What?" He asks breathlessly. "Impossible."